PC for fresh student (for a lot of adobe products)

FishKebab_
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
Just now, FishKebab_ said:

okay ill try to go there today and list all parts. MB have 4 slots. ssd is some basic cheap one 128gb

so 1060 supposed to be replaced?

I'd leave the 1060 alone, it's find for Adobe products (I use one myself) but as has been said, more RAM will really help, and depending on budget, put the best CPU the motherboard will support into it, but it may not be cost effective.

By the way, your English is excellent, much better than my Polish!

Hello

my cousine starts his collage this year, but due lockdown most classes are via teams and practice one too. He need upgrade his pc but he is very tight on budget (budget not even exist atm). i have Zero expirience with such programs (i dont even know with one he will be using, for sure photoshop and some for video editing)

Now he have his old's man machine i7-2600, some ssd, no ram (4?), 1060 6gb, with some basic stuff, luckliy his mother board is capable to handle 32gb of ram. 

i wanted to cap ram, and buy bigger ssd

im aware of this wont be most efficent machine,the question is - is this gona be usable? just for school project or diffrence between some budget new build is like rocketsience diffrence?

sorry for haos in this post. my english need practice ;x

12 minutes ago, FishKebab_ said:

Hello

my cousine starts his collage this year, but due lockdown most classes are via teams and practice one too. He need upgrade his pc but he is very tight on budget (budget not even exist atm). i have Zero expirience with such programs (i dont even know with one he will be using, for sure photoshop and some for video editing)

Now he have his old's man machine i7-2600, some ssd, no ram (4?), 1060 6gb, with some basic stuff, luckliy his mother board is capable to handle 32gb of ram. 

i wanted to cap ram, and buy bigger ssd

im aware of this wont be most efficent machine,the question is - is this gona be usable? just for school project or diffrence between some budget new build is like rocketsience diffrence?

sorry for haos in this post. my english need practice ;x

If u have money upgrade the CPU if not then 

Other things :

RAM: As i use teams too u UPGRADE THE ram to 1333mhz ddr3 ram sticks and 8gb [4gbx2 is preferable] is must. If u have budget u can get 16gb [1333mhz ddr3 as processor doesn't support]
STORAGE :  i didn't understand that pls specify again what storage u have currently
GPU :  OKAY its enough 1660 6gb

okay ill try to go there today and list all parts. MB have 4 slots. ssd is some basic cheap one 128gb

Just now, FishKebab_ said:

I'd leave the 1060 alone, it's find for Adobe products (I use one myself) but as has been said, more RAM will really help, and depending on budget, put the best CPU the motherboard will support into it, but it may not be cost effective.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

ok i will cap ram then 1st, i hope he will be satisfied. its just sad because used ddr3 is more expensive than new ddr4 and puting money into this build feels like waste of money, but we have

to work with no budget, we cant afford new CPU and MB.

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

sometimes i feel like i know english better than polish ;d

22 minutes ago, FishKebab_ said:

ok i will cap ram then 1st, i hope he will be satisfied. its just sad because used ddr3 is more expensive than new ddr4 and puting money into this build feels like waste of money, but we have

to work with no budget, we cant afford new CPU and MB.

sometimes i feel like i know english better than polish ;d

What motherboard does he have? I'd like to look at the specs.

I tried to learn Polish when the Solidarity movement started, but lacking anyone to speak/learn with, well it's all gone now.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

-= Moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER