Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Second monitor not detected by windows ?

After a recent power outtage of some hours my second monitor when connected doesnt get recognized by windows. the problem is when i power the pc on the bios screen and the initial windows loading screen shows on that second monitor. whereas after it switches to the log in screen it goes into sleep mode and i cant find it either on windows or devices. my gpu has 3 displayport and a single hdmi outputs and i have my main monitor on a dp connector the secondary monitor on a dp to hdmi cable and the third monitor on hdmi (same thing happens when i connect the third screen on the dp to hdmi cable) i have already tried 3 different sets of dp to hdmi cables with no luck. my only solution so far is connect the second monitor on the only hdmi output and when i want to use the third monitor i have to physically swap the cables on the two external monitors

Gpu is rtx 2060 everything is up to date windows nvidia drivers etc . any help  appreciated

The obvious first: Windows button + P what options do you have?

all of them . i still get output on the monitor but only if i use hdmi cable on the only hdmi port on my gpu but for some reason when i use dp to hdmi windows doenst recognize it