stuttering & freezing since buying 3070???

PLEASE READ FOLLOW UP POSTS, AS THE ISSUES/CAUSE seem to have changed, possibly NOT RAM related.

ORIGINAL POST:-

XMP causing games to crash?

Hi,

Recently bought some new RAM (Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 64GB 3600MHz 2x32GB DDR4 Memory Kit), but i can't make it run properly on anything other than stock frequency (2133mhz).

If i go to bios and enable XMP, the RAM runs at 3600, system boots, but I have so many errors. Some games won't launch at all, just show their splash screen and then nothing happens. Other games will run for a bit, then randomly crash back to desktop. Other run, but give frequent stutters and frozen screens for a couple of seconds.

If I enable XMP, but set DRAM frequency to something lower (but still higher than stock), like 2666, it either fails to boot, or boots with a bunch of USB device problems, such as having no keyboard/mouse working.

MOBO is TUF z370-plus gaming ii

CPU is i7 9700k

GPU is MSI 3070 Ventus x2

My previous RAM had XMP enabled and ran ok at 3000Mhz.

Yeah, I know, 64gb 3600Mhz is overkill anyway...but why can't i get it to work?

If XMP is disabled, everything seems to run ok, no freezing, no games crashing, but then the RAM is only running at 2133, so it seems like a waste to have such potentiallt fast RAM being choked?

I've tried to read about manually setting it up, but it seems so insanely complicated, I have no idea what settings to change or what to change them TO in the bios, that's why I was hoping to get XMP doing all the work. Most guides are kind of vague too, just saying things like "try tightening the timings"....what does that even mean???

Update. I was advised by the shop I bought the RAM from to use memtest86. Let it run overnight, took 10 hours, but it said there were zero errors. Since doing this, XMP seems to run ok at 3600. Games are now launching and not totall crashing to desktop.

However I'm still getting stutters and sometimes screen freezing for a second or two in games. This happens with or withour XMP, and memtest86 said there's no fault with my RAM, so I'm wondering if it's my new GPU? I upgraded to the MSI ventus x2 rtx 3070, and it's been nothing but trouble 😞

Thing i've tried so far to elimate stuttering/screen freezing:-

-DDU, fresh install GPU drivers.

-geforce experience/no geforce expierence.

-monitor at 144hz/165hz.

-overdrive off/weak/light/medium.

-Nvidia cotnrol panel default/tweaked for performance.

-vsync on/vsync off

-max frame rate off/120/144/165

-RAM at 3600/2133

-CPU at default (3.6 base/4.9 boost)/CPU without boost (turbo), constant 3.6

-windows power settings balanced/high performance.

-bios at defaults/tweaked (i.e. things like forcing pcie gen3,turning RGB lights on/off, turning unused onboard sound on/off).

-various in game settings (e.g.DRS on/off)

-windows game mode on/off

-GPU stock/tuned with geforce perfoamnce overlay.

-geforce performance overlay on/off/not installed

Feel like there's nothing more I can do, and that "upgrading" from my old 2070 was a terrible mistake. I'm getting higher FPS in some games, but it's so inconsistent, and getting random skips/drops.

Any ideas?

to me it sounds like your ram is causing the issue. i recommend that you run your xmp at 3200 not 3600. Intel doesn't benefit as much from high ram clock as AMD does. try lowering the clock and then boot into windows and see what happens.

also when you said 3600/2133 is 2133 the stock speed or is that what it defaults too??

what is the rated speed for your ram?

The RAM is supposedly 3600....but that's only with XMP enabled. Be default, XMP is off and the chips run natively at 2133. I have tried this already, but with everything i've tried, I'm going to jsut go back into bios, reset everything to default again, go back to nvidia controlpanel, set everything default there. I have tried both already, so I'm pretty sure it's not going to solve it, but I guess it's the safest way to run things anyway, and if the changes I made aren't fixing things, no point keeping the changes?

Ok, so everything is default. Default bios, default nvidia, default windows power settings again.

Still getting random freezes where the screen will just freeze up for 2-3 seconds. Can still hear audio, but screen is totally frozen.

Some games also have random small stutters while playing.

RAM is back to stock 2133mhz, in fact, nothing is overclocked. cpu default 3.6 with boost of I think 4.6. Gpu is factory oc (1755 boost instead of 1725), can't do anything about that. 

No idea what's going on.

one thing you can try is run just 2 ram sticks - in *dual channel* - which would probably give you something like 16GB (not important, more important is just having 2 sticks in dual channel installed) which could make a difference. 

18 minutes ago, Glenn-Tidbury said:

Gpu is factory oc (1755 boost instead of 1725), can't do anything about that

Of course you can and that's indeed another thing you can try - independently from the above. 

Download MSI Afterburner, install it, set core clock to - 25 and power limit to 90 or even 80 or 70. Then make sure to actually apply the settings, usually there's a ☑ button you have to click. 

Thats not guaranteed to fix anything but your gpu *will* clock lower more closely to actual stock speeds. Just a test to see if it makes any difference... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

It's already running 2 sticks, it's just that they're 32gb each. Would the 30mhz boost oc really cause games to freeze up like that though? I'll try it later, only thing I haven't tried. 

Also, if I try the afterburner thing, I assume it's jsut the BOOST SPEED that I want to change, as the base clock is the same as stock anyway I think.

Founder edition has base clock of 1500, boost of 1725.

MSI ventus x2 has base clock of 1500, boost of 1755.

Not much in it really :s

I also read somewhere that the windows power settings being on BALANCED (which is th default), could cause games to stutter and freeze? So they said to set it on high performance instead. I didn't get much chance to test this morning, but for the half hour I did play, it didnt freeze up, and the only stutters I noticd were more like area loading stutters (which are to be expected, regardless of specs and settings,as some games just aren't optimized well?). I'm still a bit worried that having my CPU CONSTANTLY running at it's boost speed (4.6ghz I think) will be damaging though? Especially as I've seen other sites mention to keep windows power settings on default, balanced, to ensure the CPU is underclocking when idle?

It's all very confusing, and you can read so many different things online that all tell you to do the opposite things.

SO as an update, these are the things that I think it still MIGHT be the cause, that I have either tested, or am yet to test.

RAM - CORSAIR 64GB 3600mhz RGB PRO
- have tried various speeds, always in dual channel (slots A2 and B2 on my mobo). Doesn't seem to be the culprit, as I still get screen freezes even with them on totally stock values (2133 mhz).

- In which case, should I be putting these back up to their advertised speed of 3600mhz using xmp?

- I've also run memtest86 for 10 hours, which produced ZERO errors on the RAM.

GPU - MSI VENTUS X2 RTX 3070
- I have tried all kinds of settings in control panel, so I'm certain it's nothing in there causing it.
- I still have to try underclocking it back to the founders edition boost level, but as it's only 30mhz different, I'm thinking this probably isn't the cause?
- could just be a faulty GPU? I never had these issues with my 2070. Is there a reccommended way of testing the new GPU for faults (similar to the memtest86 that I ran for the RAM)?

CPU - intel i7 9700k - base 3.7ghz, boost 4.6ghz.

- Could be that the CPU is being affected by speedstep? If it's trying to downclock, or check if it needs to downclock even for a split second, it might be causing stutters? If it decides that it DOES need to downclock, and then takes a second or so to boost back up, this might explain the freezes? Should I disabled speedstep in bios?

- Should I keep turbo/boost enabled in the bios, so that it can run upto 4.6ghz, or turn it off and have it run at constant 3.7ghz? With speedstep AND turbo both disabled, my CPU does seem to run quite a bit cooler (like from around 70ish under load, down to 50 or 60). CPU is watercooled.

Windows - 10 home edition, latest version, all the latest updates applied.

- could the windows power management settings be forcing either my CPU, GPU, or other devices to switch down to lower power states, causing stutters/freezes. Is it SAFE to leave it on max performance for everything? or is balanced still the correct setting?

USB devices - logitech G29, Razer deathadder elite mouse and Razer Blackwidow elite RGB mechanical keyboard, hyper x usb headset.
- unlikely, but could having too many USB devices affect gaming performance? It was only recently that I set up my racing wheel/pedals/stick again. Could having it plugged in cause the screen to freeze? I know it's an extra power draw, but I still ahve 3 spare USB slots, so shouldn't the mobo/psu be able to supply enough to everything? There are no hubs attached, other than the inbuilt hub in the keyboard, which the mouse is plugged in to.
- could the logitech G-Hub software be interfering with games, even in games where I'm not using the wheel at all.....I've been leaving it on and plugged in, but could that be killing game performance somehow?

MOBO - TUF z370-plug gaming ii

- could there be some settings in the bios that are not palying very well with my new equipment? Is there anything specific I should try, because currently, everything is on default (f5) settings again.

SSD - 256GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280

- could one, or both of my SSD's be on the way out? I've run the basic checks that windows does, but it found no errors on either drive.

Monitor - AOC AGON AG241QG - 24 inch 144hz gsync monitor

- I've tried refresh rate at 144hz, and 165hz, doesn't seem to make a difference.

- I've tried overdrive set to off/weak/light/medium (i don't use strong as it produces weird edges)

- could the monitor just be dying? probably doesn't explain the stutter, but might explain the screen freezes, as when they happen, I can still hear the game running. It happens for about 2-3 seconds, but can be slightly longer, and when the freeze is over, it's not like the system play catchup and displays everything I jsut missed at double time, it's like whatwever is on the screen at the time stays there for the 2-3 seconds, the game play out as normal in the background, then suddenly the screen updates again and I'm in the game wherever I would be had the screen not frozen. The main thing making me think that it's NOT the monitor, is that when I was playing online with a friend, he said that when my screen froze, I was still running forward, ran into a wall, even though I'd literally taken my hands off the keyboard. Surely if the issue was with the monitor jsut ot updating the screen, when I let go of the keyboard, my character should stop moving in my friend's game?

I think the problem is that there are so many variable, it's so hard to tell what to check, in what order,and hard to tell if it's having an affect, because sometimes changing one variable affects another.

Does anyone have any experience with ANY of the above cuasing games to either have microstutters, or full on screen freezing for 2-3 seconds? If so, what is the solution? Can anyone think of anything else that I might have missed?/ Have any other suggestiosn or tests I should do?

40 minutes ago, Glenn-Tidbury said:

Also, if I try the afterburner thing, I assume it's jsut the BOOST SPEED that I want to change, as the base clock is the same as stock anyway I think.

no, "core clock" and "power limit" 

-25 and 90 is I believe what I said (these numbers are arbitrary but a good start) 

the point is you need to lower these settings, as it seemed to have helped some people. 

But not too much either so - 25 / 90 is a good start. 

Also you were the one who bought this up, and no offense but I think you're over thinking it too. 

lowering these settings would be one of the first steps, after DDU *in safe mode* to troubleshoot the issue. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

no, "core clock" and "power limit" 

-25 and 90 is I believe what I said (these numbers are arbitrary but a good start) 

the point is you need to lower these settings, as it seemed to have helped some people. 

But not too much either so - 25 / 90 is a good start. 

Also you were the one who bought this up, and no offense but I think you're over thinking it too. 

lowering these settings would be one of the first steps, after DDU *in safe mode* to troubleshoot the issue. 

ok, thanks for the tip. I'll try this after work later. Figners crossed.

Good luck! 👍 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

ok, just set this all up, so will see how it goes playing online later.

one thing i'm really confused about now though....the overlay is showing my gpu clock speeds, well above the stock boost speed.

Stock boost speed on a 3070 is 1725mhz....on my ventus it should be 1755......but the overlay is telling me that the gpu is running at 1860ish!!! Is that normal?

Well, so far so good.

Played a couple of hours without freezes. Only lags were ones that seemed more like server issues.

Can't tell if it's changing power management to high, or under clocking the gpu, or the latest driver update from nvidia, as they've all come at once..... but under clocking the gpu has had very little effect on frame rates, and temps are a bit lower than they were, so definitely worth doing. 

Thanks for the tips.

Now running stock bios, stock ram, stock monitor, under clocked gpu and things seem more stable.

Phew. 

Well, I'm glad it's "fixed" or solved! 

5 hours ago, Glenn-Tidbury said:

but the overlay is telling me that the gpu is running at 1860ish!!! Is that normal?

Yeap, that was the whole point of lowering clocks and setting a *power* limit, without that your card would boost even higher, likely something between 1900 and 2000, which means more power consumption and something in your system can't handle that. Likely PSU (im just kidding it is *more than likely* PSU) 

So you now have two options, do nothing and live with the under clock  / power limit, which honestly would be the smart option for now, or get a new PSU, which is honestly a crap shot, because you never know if it actually improves things or doesn't at all. Of course there are certain models / brands like the rmx series known to be working, but it's not a 100% thing either. 

To be fair this card is already really powerful even with these settings, maybe not a long term solution but I would really suggest to not change anything now and observe it for a while... when it's really stable after a week or so you can try setting XMP for example - which isn't even that much of a boost, but hopefully doesn't hurt anything either! 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I only just upgraded the psu too lol. Corsair tx850m lol.

Gpu has 2 separate cables powering it. 

So I think I'll just stick with the underclock, as it made virtually no difference/ reduction to frame rates, temps are lower, and so far no screen freezes 🙂

thanks again for the advice. 

hmmmmm....sorry to be a pain, but I've just read a thread about using MSI a bit differently to probably achieve a similar thing, but keep the clocks high.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1298977-liquid-metal-on-a-msi-3070-ventus-2x/?do=findComment&comment=14429324

Is this method better? or is it likely to be any more/less stable than using the basuic sliders? Sorry, I'm totally new to all this, in previous PC's I've pretty much been lucky I guess and got away with just plug and play upgrades working straight out the box lol.

What's the difference in undervolting this way?

So I've been testing the other method for a few days, but just can't seem to get it stable,or at least, consistently stable. I'm finding that I can egt things working absolutely perfectly, good clock speeds (or rather, as good as stock with my card), but lower temps. However, after some time, the curve randomly changes by itself. So I could have it perfect one night, go back to check it the next day and it's crashing tests again. The whole curve seems to shift itself anywhere from 15 to 45Mhz for absolutely no reason at all.

So i'm going back to jsut using the sliders on the main page.

I noticed that moving the power slider also moves the temp target.....so what I've done is move the max power limit down to 75%, which also sets the temp target at 75C. From a couple of short test, this seems to be stable so far, but obviously I'm losing some fps. I didn't touch the core clock slider or memory sldier at all. On your advice, you said to also move core clock down......is there any problem in keeping it at 0 while still reducing power? Since I'm already losing some fps by reducing power (but keeping temps at 70 or lower so far). Your suggestion of 90% and -25 did seem to help with the original problem of the screen freezing in games, but temps still go above 71, which is when the gpu gets really loud. So I'm wondering if I'd be better making a different balance, but not sure which direction to move the core slider?

I feel like I definitely need to reduce the power to under 90% by quite a bit more, but should I slide the core clock to even LESS, like -40 or something? or should I move it back UP, since the reduction in power will be limiting thigns anyway?

Sorry to trouble you, just that I can't find any guides on using the sliders, since everyone else online seems to be using that curve/graph method, but I just can't keep that stable for some reason.

Maybe the curve doesn't work because my curve seems to be way lower than most people's to begin with? I see a lot of people saying that their 3070 curve peaks at jsut over 2000, maybe even 2100 at default.......well mine is at 1905 usually......although other times I've turned the PC on a checked, it's been 1935, 1950, or sometimes lower, like 1875.

Anyways, the graph method won't work for me, so I need to use the sliders, but not sure how the relationship works between the max power and core clock,As I move power down, how should I move the core?

ok, so another update:-

I'm still getting stuttering in games. I haven't noticed any actual total screen frezes (like 2-3 seconds where the screen is totally stuck on whatever image was displayed), so that side has possibly been solved, but i'm still getting random stutter/hiccups. When they happen, frame rate can be running very high, like 120-140ish fps, but then suddenly drop down to like 50-80fps, then either straight back up, or returning to high frame rates after a few seconds.

I've solved my temperature issues by installing more case fans, setting a custom fan curve on the gpu so that the fans come on sooner and never turn off (but gradually ramp up as the temperature increases), and undervolting to 1845Mhz@887mV (actually giving 1860Mhz in game, same as I'd get at stock, but just with less V).

if you read through my previous posts, you'll see everything I've tried, and my system specs.

Some games stutter even with their in game settings on absolute minimum. Settings in Nvidia Control Panel seem irrelevant. GPU shouldn't be the issue, as it's running stable, consistent clock speeds, and is now cool enough. CPU, I wouldn't have thought should be a problem, as it's still a pretty decent CPU, and running at boost clock of 4.6Ghz consisently, and is water cooled. RAM shouldn't be the problem, as it's got way more than it needs, and the stutters happen with or without XMP, and I've run memtest86 for 10 hours without any problems.

I'm just still totally baffled.On paper, my system is pretty decent and should run basically any game out there, even if it means having to reduce settings a bit to get high frame rate?

I don't know what else I can try? I'm at the end of my tether with this PC now 😕

• 2 months later...

Have you managed to solve the issue? I upgraded to a Giga 3070 OC last week and I'm experiencing crashes to desktop at random times. Sound continues in the background and eventually it the app (game) stops responding. I have 2 cables from 750W PSU going to the card. Ram on XMP. PCIE set to Gen3. Had a crashast night after 24mins. Been playing all day today with no crashes at all. 

23 minutes ago, itsgninja said:

Have you managed to solve the issue? I upgraded to a Giga 3070 OC last week and I'm experiencing crashes to desktop at random times. Sound continues in the background and eventually it the app (game) stops responding. I have 2 cables from 750W PSU going to the card. Ram on XMP. PCIE set to Gen3. Had a crashast night after 24mins. Been playing all day today with no crashes at all. 

Mans really did just necro a 2 month old thread

On 1/22/2021 at 4:25 AM, Glenn-Tidbury said:

PLEASE READ FOLLOW UP POSTS, AS THE ISSUES/CAUSE seem to have changed, possibly NOT RAM related.

ORIGINAL POST:-

XMP causing games to crash?

Hi,

Recently bought some new RAM (Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 64GB 3600MHz 2x32GB DDR4 Memory Kit), but i can't make it run properly on anything other than stock frequency (2133mhz).

If i go to bios and enable XMP, the RAM runs at 3600, system boots, but I have so many errors. Some games won't launch at all, just show their splash screen and then nothing happens. Other games will run for a bit, then randomly crash back to desktop. Other run, but give frequent stutters and frozen screens for a couple of seconds.

If I enable XMP, but set DRAM frequency to something lower (but still higher than stock), like 2666, it either fails to boot, or boots with a bunch of USB device problems, such as having no keyboard/mouse working.

MOBO is TUF z370-plus gaming ii

CPU is i7 9700k

GPU is MSI 3070 Ventus x2

My previous RAM had XMP enabled and ran ok at 3000Mhz.

Yeah, I know, 64gb 3600Mhz is overkill anyway...but why can't i get it to work?

If XMP is disabled, everything seems to run ok, no freezing, no games crashing, but then the RAM is only running at 2133, so it seems like a waste to have such potentiallt fast RAM being choked?

I've tried to read about manually setting it up, but it seems so insanely complicated, I have no idea what settings to change or what to change them TO in the bios, that's why I was hoping to get XMP doing all the work. Most guides are kind of vague too, just saying things like "try tightening the timings"....what does that even mean???

What Power Supply do you have?

8 minutes ago, ReaperMopar said:

What Power Supply do you have?

Bro its a 2 month old thread. Stop proceeding in Necroing.

I did manage to get things stable in the end. I can't say exactly what did it, because I changed so many things and tried so much to get it all working stable again since the update.

What ive ended up with is:-

GPU

- running at 1845Mhz@887mV (due to the way boost works, it actually reaches 1860Mhz).

- memory clock +440mhz in afterburner

-fans at 0-20c 40%, 55c 70%, 60c 80% 75c 100%.

CPU

Blck 100

Asus mce disabled

Svid best case scenario

Avx offset 0

Sync all cores to 46

Performance mode (raises all power limits to max)

LLC 1

Cpu cache min max both 43

Core voltage 1.345V

Ac/dc ll 0.01

Flck 1ghz

Turbo mode on

Speedstep/speed shift/c states all disabled. 

Above 4g decoding and resizable bar on. 

RAM

3466Mhz

1.35V

But timings taken from the 3200mhz profile in hwinfo

16/20/20/38/1N

FANS (2 intake and 2 exhaust that are 1 either side of the radiator,  and 1 further exhaust at top rear)

Pwm mode

60C 100%

55C 70%

20C 30%

Aio pump 100% all the time. 

Other BIOS

Csm off

Secure boot  uefi mode. 

Everything else default/ auto.

Windows power plan high performance (although, this doesn't affect cpu anyway, since all cores locked at 4.6ghz in bios.

Latest nvidia gpu

Latest mobo bios

Latest gpu vbios

Nvidia settings cleaned/ fresh install. Just move slider to performance and don't change any other settings. 

HAGS on. 

Software

- uninstalled icue, just let the lights do what they do instead of fancy profiles, and I just use dts:x or atmos instead of icue software for my corsair elite wireless headset. 

- afterburner runs at startup so that it automatically applies the undervolt every time, and the osd lets me keep track of temps (also set alarms so if anything goes above 80C I'll know).

I think that's everything? 

I now get gpu idle temps around 27 to 30C, cpu idle temps 38 to 42C.

Under normal gaming conditions, both cpu and gpu reach around 55 to 65C tops, in fact gpu barely ever goes above 62C.

Cpu can reach upto 74C under extreme load like a prime95 test with all 8 cores on the difficult part of the test at the same time. In general use though, this doesn't happen. 

RAM doesn't like being at the advertised 3600Mhz at all,  but will happily play at 3466Mhz, even with the timings of the 3200Mhz profile. 

Tested stability of the whole system by passing every test on 3d mark, memtest86 10 hour run,  prime95 10 hour run. Im happy to say that's stable enough, and temps are much more acceptable.

Not getting crashes anymore, or random stutters, except in games which are known to have issues (e.g. hunt showdown, there are many people having stuttering issues in this game lately).

Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but there were people asking about things, so thought I'd reply. Not much help because I ended up trying to optimise virtually every aspect of the pc to get stable temps and not lose a great deal of performance (gpu never went above 1860 at stock anyway, but cpu would sometimes boost to 4900 on a single core, whereas now it's all core 4600 all the time, ram isn't advertised speed, but it's enough to improve CPU performance and score in timespy).

Timespy now hitting above 12.2k (gpu above 13.4k cpu above 8k).

Fps in most games are pretty good, I limit it to 141 max, but depending on the game it can be lower (hunt it varies between 100 and 141 on high settings at 1440p, control gets between 65 and 90 on high 1440p with dlss and ray tracing on high).

Been using this setup for a bit now and im not having issues anymore. 

If there's anything in particular anyone wants to know, just ask, I'm just not sure how much help it'll be because I changed so much, but I'll always try and help/ share if I can. 

Thanks to everyone who replied to me originally, and to the countless others who have helped me in other threads and guides ive read. Im finally happy with my system. 

Oh,  p.s. there's a lot of fuss about resizable bar at the moment.... after enabling it, I haven't seen any difference at all in any game, even games that are supposed to support it, like control..... so if anyone is tearing their hair out wondering when it's coming to your Asus mobo..... seriously, it's nothing to be stressing about, you're not missing anything.