Very quick flickering on screen every so often

Giga Bus Driver

Today I installed my new gpu (3080) and after that I've been getting these flickering every so often. My monitor screen literally flickers ONCE every so often, its not a long freeze or monitor screen turning off and on again, its actually just a single flicker than if you were to blink, you would miss it.

It doesn't happen when gaming, I've only noticed it happening when I'm on google chrome, just messaging friends on facebook, or even writing this post.

I've done 3DMark tests, Timespy and Firestrike Extreme. both completed with no issue and practically same score as my friends 3080 strix.

I didnt uninstall gpu drivers as I was using a 3060ti before and drivers seem to be the same, and updated to latest already.

41 minutes ago, Giga Bus Driver said:

Today I installed my new gpu (3080) and after that I've been getting these flickering every so often. My monitor screen literally flickers ONCE every so often, its not a long freeze or monitor screen turning off and on again, its actually just a single flicker than if you were to blink, you would miss it.

It doesn't happen when gaming, I've only noticed it happening when I'm on google chrome, just messaging friends on facebook, or even writing this post.

I've done 3DMark tests, Timespy and Firestrike Extreme. both completed with no issue and practically same score as my friends 3080 strix.

I didnt uninstall gpu drivers as I was using a 3060ti before and drivers seem to be the same, and updated to latest already.

The fact that you say it doesn't happen in games but it does on desktop; sounds like the problem with the 1080Ti, a couple of drivers updates back. 

I also just upgraded from 1080Ti to 3090 and also did not remove the Nvidia driver because it's generally not needed but first time I shutdown my PC, I insta BSOD'ed and found out that it was the graphics driver that caused it. So I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and installed them again, and the BSOD is fixed. 

So yeah, try remove all exciting drivers and reinstall them.