Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MSI B450m mortar max vs bazooka max wifi

Hi

 

Im not an overclocker or a very hardcore user, just gaming/work.

 

im pretty sure this has been asked before but im still wondering. Ive been planning a build with a 3600 and the MSI b450m mortar max. I was pretty much set on the Mobo but havent bought yet for personal reasons, however for some reason the shops around me either havent had the mortar max in stock for a long time, or no longer carry it. So im wondering, is the b450m bazooka max wifi a good alternative? I know its cheaper, and the mortar max is the better option, but if i had no choice would the bazooka max be a bad idea. I dont really need the wifi but since its cheaper than the mortar max anyway...

 

Also, is the b550 Mortar the replacement for the b450 mortar max? Its more expensive so Id rather no go for it if i didnt have to, would I be sacrificing alot if I went for the bazooka max?

 

Thanks for the help

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eagleye002 said:

Hi

 

Im not an overclocker or a very hardcore user, just gaming/work.

 

im pretty sure this has been asked before but im still wondering. Ive been planning a build with a 3600 and the MSI b450m mortar max. I was pretty much set on the Mobo but havent bought yet for personal reasons, however for some reason the shops around me either havent had the mortar max in stock for a long time, or no longer carry it. So im wondering, is the b450m bazooka max wifi a good alternative? I know its cheaper, and the mortar max is the better option, but if i had no choice would the bazooka max be a bad idea. I dont really need the wifi but since its cheaper than the mortar max anyway...

 

Also, is the b550 Mortar the replacement for the b450 mortar max? Its more expensive so Id rather no go for it if i didnt have to, would I be sacrificing alot if I went for the bazooka max?

 

Thanks for the help

 

So unless you have the fastest CPU on the planet you can easily get the b450m bazooka max wifi, b450 mortar max is very similar in fact looks like a literal copy with wifi, the only thing added there are extended heatsinks

b550 mortar is faster than the previous 2 it also can send info faster from GPU to motherboard and everyhting else

 

Depends on what CPU and GPU you have, if you are a budget user you can go cheapest option, if you are budget user but have very expensive and fast CPU and GPU than b550 is better, what's your CPU GPU?

When I give advice I use my experience and google, I know alot, but not everything.

Have a question? - quote me = I'll respond either instantly or within a day or 2

Specs I have experience with: (highlited build is being used)

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3000Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, podkall said:

So unless you have the fastest CPU on the planet you can easily get the b450m bazooka max wifi, b450 mortar max is very similar in fact looks like a literal copy with wifi, the only thing added there are extended heatsinks

b550 mortar is faster than the previous 2 it also can send info faster from GPU to motherboard and everyhting else

 

Depends on what CPU and GPU you have, if you are a budget user you can go cheapest option, if you are budget user but have very expensive and fast CPU and GPU than b550 is better, what's your CPU GPU?

Hey thanks for the reply.

 

Im planning on the r5 3600 for cpu. The GPu is another whole can of worms hahaha. My original plan was the 5700xt but since its so similarly priced to the 3060ti it makes no sense to go for it, however the 3060ti is completely out of stock so who knows ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eagleye002 said:

Hey thanks for the reply.

 

Im planning on the r5 3600 for cpu. The GPu is another whole can of worms hahaha. My original plan was the 5700xt but since its so similarly priced to the 3060ti it makes no sense to go for it, however the 3060ti is completely out of stock so who knows ..

B550 can help the 3060ti, B550 has 4th gen Pci-E which they claim is 2x faster than 3gen Pci-E

B450 is not bad buy though it might be same but I can't tell

 

If going budget I would go B450

If I want "potential" 10 fps (I have no idea if it even boosts fps) I would only go B550 if I had money

B450 is enough I read some stuff apperently in B550 the faster PCie is not even usable and it has unnoticable difference

When I give advice I use my experience and google, I know alot, but not everything.

Have a question? - quote me = I'll respond either instantly or within a day or 2

Specs I have experience with: (highlited build is being used)

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3000Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, podkall said:

B550 can help the 3060ti, B550 has 4th gen Pci-E which they claim is 2x faster than 3gen Pci-E

B450 is not bad buy though it might be same but I can't tell

 

If going budget I would go B450

If I want "potential" 10 fps (I have no idea if it even boosts fps) I would only go B550 if I had money

B450 is enough I read some stuff apperently in B550 the faster PCie is not even usable and it has unnoticable difference

Hey

 

Yea I read the same about B550, and the Pcie gen 3 isnt even fully maximised buy most gpus yet? If I wont be sacrificing much then I think id rather go for the cheaper option

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Eagleye002 said:

Hey

 

Yea I read the same about B550, and the Pcie gen 3 isnt even fully maximised buy most gpus yet? If I wont be sacrificing much then I think id rather go for the cheaper option

Not gen 3, gen 3 is on b450 and other cheap motherboards that are cool enough, gen4 is on b550 and the gen4 is basicaly just to give attention on market, the only thing that benefits from that thing are a reeeeeeeaaally fast SSDs

 

If I'm confusing you, save money go b450 there is almost no reason to go higher

When I give advice I use my experience and google, I know alot, but not everything.

Have a question? - quote me = I'll respond either instantly or within a day or 2

Specs I have experience with: (highlited build is being used)

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3000Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×