Buyer Beware: Adorama - EVGA 3080 FTW3 Gaming order

Ohioisonfire

I placed my order for my 3080 on 9/18 there are now people on the same site that I bought it from that have verified purchases in DECEMBER that have already received their cards. 

I spoke with Adorama yesterday about my order for my EVGA 3080. When I talked to the initial rep, I think they did everything in their power, but their answer was basically "I don't have access to where you are in line or why this happened". I explained that I understood they probably lacked the necessary information to help me. I told her it had nothing to do with her customer service, but I needed to speak to a manager. When I get the manager on the phone, I calmly explain the situation and how it is less than satisfactory. I understand that the person I am talking to is not the one to blame for this situation. He apologized a few times and explained that my order was the only open order from September and that I should have received my card.... you guessed it... in November. He said that they pushed me to the front of the line (Shouldn't I have already been there?), he removed shipping charges and added next day air (cool, but certainly does not make up for it). He is putting an "urgent update request" to EVGA to see when they are supposed to receive their next shipment and I will get it then. Literally nothing they can do/have done will make up for such an atrocious oversight.

They sent me this email the minute their phone lines closed tonight. 

unknown.png

I wonder if they decided to take orders when they didn't have stock, assuming they'd get enough to cover back-orders in the future. That's a no-no.

no mention of a refund? I'd be pissed.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

19 minutes ago, Ohioisonfire said:

I placed my order for my 3080 on 9/18 there are now people on the same site that I bought it from that have verified purchases in DECEMBER that have already received their cards. 

I spoke with Adorama yesterday about my order for my EVGA 3080. When I talked to the initial rep, I think they did everything in their power, but their answer was basically "I don't have access to where you are in line or why this happened". I explained that I understood they probably lacked the necessary information to help me. I told her it had nothing to do with her customer service, but I needed to speak to a manager. When I get the manager on the phone, I calmly explain the situation and how it is less than satisfactory. I understand that the person I am talking to is not the one to blame for this situation. He apologized a few times and explained that my order was the only open order from September and that I should have received my card.... you guessed it... in November. He said that they pushed me to the front of the line (Shouldn't I have already been there?), he removed shipping charges and added next day air (cool, but certainly does not make up for it). He is putting an "urgent update request" to EVGA to see when they are supposed to receive their next shipment and I will get it then. Literally nothing they can do/have done will make up for such an atrocious oversight.

They sent me this email the minute their phone lines closed tonight. 

unknown.png

Wow hard to believe you were the only one left waiting; almost impossible to believe actually 😒. Sounds almost as bad as Dell customer support. 

While this really blows, I think you should have called them earlier, November or December... they clearly made a mistake and it's unfortunate, but it was also nearly impossible to anticipate that EVGA (probably amongst others, I've heard similar stories from MSI for example) basically ceases to produce 3000 series GPUs... however one could, and should still blame the lack of communication... I've been following the EVGA forums for a while now and while their "customer service" shtick is cute, it's also kinda off putting when you don't get clear answers and also obviously are of no priority simply because of the region your in (in my case EU) 

So anyways, I understand that you're mad, and it's your good right but on the other hand these things happen, they didn't do it on purpose and it's always the best course of action to stay in contact with a vendor like this to avoid situations like this. 

Maybe you could try getting on the EVGA waiting list, if you're in the USA there's a real chance they'll actually deliver (other than the rest of the world where the turnaround seems to be several months, possibly years at this rate) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity