Advise needed for air cooler. (Or possibly an aio)

count_zero99uk

I feel like im slowly loosing my mind. Ive been looking at spec sheets and allsorts trying to work out what cooler to get i find one thing then i notice it dosnt clear the ram, or is 4mm to tall for the case...

Id apreciate some advice, again. 

What i have so far is the Corsair Crystal 280X case which has 150mm clearance for an air cooler, and could fit a 240mm aio.

The ram i have is 48.7mm high

I have the X570I Aorus pro wifi motherboard

Finaly the cpu is the Ryzen 7 5800x - Ill be running this at stock with no plans to overclock it.

For case fans ive managed to get a pack of 6 of the uphere 120mm halo fans. Plan is air in through the front and bottom and exhaust out the top.

I lost my temper with AIOs somewhat as i got the arctic freezer II 280mm but was too thick for the top mount and the radiator was too long for the front.  So i started looking round and found things that needed AIO_Pump headers on the mobo, which mine dosnt have. It barely has fan headers.

Ive been trying to get this sorted but im almost at the point of saying buggerit all.  My last build was simple

Anyway i hope someone can provide some advise or even just some moral support 🙂 

Thanks Brian.

my GF build is in a 280x with a 240 aio top mounted. ram clearance isn't even with tall ram.( at least with my MB)..  there are clearance issue with the EPS connection(the power connection at the top of the MB) tho. Some fit just fine. My corsiar fans fit no problem, but my arctic f12/p12 bionix (the ones that have the rubber ring around the fans blades)  don't. i did get them the fit by cutting out a portion of the rubber ring( yes it does look good as long as you take your time and cut it nicely.)

your 120mm uphere fan will only be "ok". they don't have good static pressure. which is helpful for both airflow in and through the case and through an aio. the other issue that I noticed is 120mm rgb fans on the front look weird AF(imho).

Build likes these will defiantly give you hard time your not use to building in them or have more info before hand. you cant just buy stuff, throw it in there, and call it good like you would with larger cases. i wouldn't give up. i learned all these things the hard way too. but your end result will be even more worth it. 

If you want i can make recommendation list. but i need a budget.

My issue is trying to cool the chip now, i have all the other components.  The ram clearance issue is with regards to using an air cooler. Id like the cooler to work with fusion 2.0.

I had seen one which like i say looked good but it called for an aio_pump header which my X570I Aorus pro wifi motherboard dosnt have.  This is the aio https://lian-li.com/product/galahad-240-360/ the 240 white one.... oh ffs im looking at the instructions again ,and the pump goes to that header... or it goes to an included sata cable.  Right i think ill just be getting that one then, unless anyone thinks there is a better option.

37 minutes ago, count_zero99uk said:

My issue is trying to cool the chip now, i have all the other components.  The ram clearance issue is with regards to using an air cooler. Id like the cooler to work with fusion 2.0.

I had seen one which like i say looked good but it called for an aio_pump header which my X570I Aorus pro wifi motherboard dosnt have.  This is the aio https://lian-li.com/product/galahad-240-360/ the 240 white one.... oh ffs im looking at the instructions again ,and the pump goes to that header... or it goes to an included sata cable.  Right i think ill just be getting that one then, unless anyone thinks there is a better option.

Best air coolers that should fit

Be quiet dark rock tf

Thermalright Macho 120 Rev.B

Arctic freezer esport 33

You can use whatever fan you want. Just need to buy it.

As for the aio

The galahad is a good choice. The pump can be loud

Ek aio is also a really good choice.

When it comes to the header. .. It doesn't have to be an aio_pump header. It can be any fan header.