Noisy GPU/PSU under full load even with low temps?

TizToz

Hello,

My friend has a 3090, and a 750 watt PSU. Under full load, his card runs at 68c, and fans spin about 65%, (which is not high temps), but it is a bit noisy. I have the same 3090, but I have not tested it yet.

My two questions:
1- Under full load, assuming we can even get the card cooler, and less fan spins, will it still have more noise compared when it's not under full load regardless of the temps?

Do GPUs make noise under full load, regardless of the temps? 

2- Could his 750 watt PSU is hitting a heavy load and therefore also making more noise compared when it is not under full load? 

Do PSUs make noise under full load? 

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, TizToz said:

Do PSUs make noise under full load? 

My Bequiet does not. 

14 minutes ago, TizToz said:

Do GPUs make noise under full load,

yes but it depends on the model......... 

my 1070 ftw2 was *very*  *very*  loud, whereas for example my 3070 VISION is very quiet, almost silent at *same* temps and fan speeds.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Load is a weird question for pc parts as there's a bit more to it that power usage or amount of resources it's utilizing. You should be fine, if you have an issue like you're not getting performance relative compared to other parts in the same category as yours, then I would start asking questions.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

20 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Load is a weird question for pc parts as there's a bit more to it that power usage or amount of resources it's utilizing. You should be fine, if you have an issue like you're not getting performance relative compared to other parts in the same category as yours, then I would start asking questions.

Well some people care about the noise a pc makes others don't. for me it's very important, and the jet fighter noise that evga gpu made for example was very irritating and annoying, especially because it was so *extremely* loud in comparison to other GPUs... and my new GPU is also a lot more silent... sound design is just not a priority for EVGA, their shtick is "customer support" but apparently only for select regions, aka USA / NA only lol. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Thanks for the reply. It is like a jet when it is used to the maximum. By the way, it is from EVGA.