Best Surge Protector for Small Surges

A10_go_brrrtttttt

I live in an old house, and my lights dim constantly throughout the day from the washing machine, fridge, furnace, etc... I will be plugging in some very expensive equipment that I will want to last absolutely as long as possible. Are there any significant diminishing returns when paying for more expensive surge protectors?

Looking at this one, since it's actually in stock at best buy, and I can pick it up today. Just would like to know if it's worth spending hundreds on a better surge protector.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apc-surgearrest-11-outlet-2-usb-surge-protector-black/5075000.p?skuId=5075000

hopefully the power is routed correctly in the house.

UPS being like a battery bank for your PC and makes it easier to turn stuff off safely when there is no power.

However like an PSU, they have to be good UPS and not a cheap fire hazard. Also since it's like a battery bank and the power goes through it, you will always get the power you need when has some charge in it?

23 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

hopefully the power is routed correctly in the house.

UPS being like a battery bank for your PC and makes it easier to turn stuff off safely when there is no power.

However like an PSU, they have to be good UPS and not a cheap fire hazard. Also since it's like a battery bank and the power goes through it, you will always get the power you need when has some charge in it?

23 hours ago, ShadySocks said:

I would get a UPS for your situation, cheap ones are around the same price.

I'm not too concerned about the PC shutting off, mainly want to protect it against voltage fluctuations, and the small (but frequent) surges that occur.

Would something like this help clean up the power, and protect my equipment from small surges?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apc-surgearrest-11-outlet-2-usb-surge-protector-black/5075000.p?skuId=5075000

10 hours ago, A10_go_brrrtttttt said:

I'm not too concerned about the PC shutting off, mainly want to protect it against voltage fluctuations, and the small (but frequent) surges that occur.

Would something like this help clean up the power, and protect my equipment from small surges?

Depends on what, both APC and UPS could do great, against the spikes or from no power.

Each doing their own thing, but against very high current/voltage they might not do and the breaker should take the hit?