What phone should I buy?

So.... I'm still rocking a 128 gb Iphone 7, which is near unusable due to the audio ic being broken (static during calls, really slow performance, slow boot). I have a budget of about 600-700$, and was wondering if I should buy an iPhone 11, or a 2020 SE. I love android, but I can't really use that for some various reasons such as relatives only knowing how to facetime, which I cannot do on an android :(. I need at least 128gb, for some large apps I have. Any suggestions?

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

Depends how much money you want left in your pockets after you've bought it. The iphone11 128GB is like a $100 more than the 2020 SE 128GB.

Also, the SE is physically smaller than the 11. If that's important to you.

Don't they basically have the same CPU and GPU, too? There's a few "features" more on the iphone11, but it all depends on whether you think it's worth it or not, like the Camera. For me it is not, for you, it might be.

Then again, the battery in the SE is almost a joke. Only 1824 mAh.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

Depends how much money you want left in your pockets after you've bought it. The iphone11 128GB is like a $100 more than the 2020 SE 128GB.

Also, the SE is physically smaller than the 11. If that's important to you.

Don't they basically have the same CPU and GPU, too? There's a few "features" more on the iphone11, but it all depends on whether you think it's worth it or not. For me it is not, for you, it might be.

yeah, I was really in it for battery life, do you know which has a longer life? I was leaning towards the SE

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

4 minutes ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

yeah, I was really in it for battery life, do you know which has a longer life? I was leaning towards the SE

1,821mAh for the SE.

3,100mAh for the iphone11.

Considering the cpu/gpu is basically the same (different screen)... The battery size makes all the difference. It's simply impossible for the SE to be better than the iphone11 on the battery life.

While the iPhone SE can manage 13 hours of video playback, the iPhone XR and iPhone 11 offer around 17 hours of video playback. During general use, the iPhone 11's capacious 3110mAh battery could last up to an hour longer than the iPhone XR's 2942mAh battery. During testing we found the iPhone SE (2020) required a regular daily top-up, while you could squeeze that little bit extra out of the 11.

https://www.whathifi.com/us/advice/new-iphone-se-vs-iphone-xr-vs-iphone-11-which-is-better

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

1,821mAh for the SE.

3,100mAh for the iphone11.

Considering the cpu/gpu is basically the same (different screen)... The battery size makes all the difference. It's simply impossible for the SE to be better than the iphone11 on the battery life.

https://www.whathifi.com/us/advice/new-iphone-se-vs-iphone-xr-vs-iphone-11-which-is-better

Alright! thanks for your help, I now need to shop around for an 11 that is gsm unlocked to work with my carrier (mint mobile)

Personally I'd pony up the extra $50 for the iPhone 12 Mini.

The iPhone 11 crushes at battery life. iPhone 12 Mini comes in second, iPhone SE a distant third.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Personally I'd pony up the extra $50 for the iPhone 12 Mini.

The iPhone 11 crushes at battery life. iPhone 12 Mini comes in second, iPhone SE a distant third.

Hmm, I'll see what I can find for an unlocked 12 mini.

1 hour ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

Alright! thanks for your help, I now need to shop around for an 11 that is gsm unlocked to work with my carrier (mint mobile)

Well you can buy it straight from Apple.

On their website, you can get an unlocked iphone without much issue from what I can tell.