Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC dead after following LTT build guide bios settings

I followed Linus building a PC POV. Everything worked great, installed windows etc. Then i followed these steps (i noticed it said my RAM was running at lower than 2666, and my mobo can run 2666. But not i see nothing but a black screen. I have tried resetting cmos by touching the CLRTC pins with a screwdriver for 10 seconds, multiple times. I have also tried removing the cmos battery and waited 10 minutes.

I unplugged PSU before doing anything

ASUS TUF B460M-PLUS GAMING WI-FI
i5 10400f
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2666MHz 16GB

Leave it on black screen for 1-2 minutes.

If you still no luck, unplug power supply, remove battery from motherboard, wait 10-30s , put battery back, try again.

Resetting the bios may switch back to integrated graphics, if the processor has integrated graphics - don't think 10400f has integrated graphics but not sure.

Still no luck .... remove memory sticks and plug just one, forcing the video card to re-detect the memory

if still no luck, probably the bios is corrupted or something like that, which means you'd have to flash the bios again... and I doubt that motherboard has bios flashback features. would really suck if this is the case, as it should happen extremely rarely.

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Leave it on black screen for 1-2 minutes.

If you still no luck, unplug power supply, remove battery from motherboard, wait 10-30s , put battery back, try again.

Resetting the bios may switch back to integrated graphics, if the processor has integrated graphics - don't think 10400f has integrated graphics but not sure.

Still no luck .... remove memory sticks and plug just one, forcing the video card to re-detect the memory

if still no luck, probably the bios is corrupted or something like that, which means you'd have to flash the bios again... and I doubt that motherboard has bios flashback features. would really suck if this is the case, as it should happen extremely rarely.

i just removed one ram, and started, no difference. (do i have to remove both then insert or switch slot?)

This is in the manualimage.png.eb6eb3dd799d586753fa4ac816c49f06.png

Solved: After letting the pc run with a black screen for 15 minutes, it now works as normal.