Macbook air M1 base varient or lenovo legion 5 R7? For programming

I'm a college student looking for a laptop. I mostly will be writing code on my machine. So it has to be powerful. I like portable and compact laptops as well ( I know it's a bit too much but😅) I heard that M1 SoC is good and in India I don't have a lot of value for money options on windows side either.  So should I get the base m1 macbook air or the lenovo legion 5 AMD R7 4800h 1650ti 16gb ram varient. (Gaming is not my priority)

If those are your only options then I would absolutely get the Macbook.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

12 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What kind of projects do you work on? What IDE's do you use?

I mostly code in python.. might kove to web dev.. so I use any text editor( atom or Sublime text editor 3) with terminal or vs code 

6 minutes ago, Dharshen K said:

I mostly code in python.. might kove to web dev.. so I use any text editor( atom or Sublime text editor 3) with terminal or vs code 

Macbook will do fine

I've been on an M1 air for about 2 months now and haven't had any issues.

I spend a lot of time working with python and Java within Atom and the Jetbrain IDE's- I think you'd have a fine time with that system.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

32 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Macbook will do fine

I've been on an M1 air for about 2 months now and haven't had any issues.

I spend a lot of time working with python and Java within Atom and the Jetbrain IDE's- I think you'd have a fine time with that system.

And is 8gigs of ram enough?

2 minutes ago, Dharshen K said:

And is 8gigs of ram enough?

Again, depends on what you're doing specifically - but from the sounds of it yeah 8 will be enough.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P