Moving Windows to New Hardware

Hi,

So I'm going to be doing a near full PC upgrade very soon.

The only components I'll be transferring over will be my Graphics Card, Power Supply and 1 SSD + 1 HDD.

What's the best way for me to bring my copy of Windows across to the new hardware? 

(Windows is currently installed on my SSD)

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 minutes ago, DexterityCheck said:

Hi,

So I'm going to be doing a near full PC upgrade very soon.

The only components I'll be transferring over will be my Graphics Card, Power Supply and 1 SSD + 1 HDD.

What's the best way for me to bring my copy of Windows across to the new hardware? 

(Windows is currently installed on my SSD)

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you are staying with the same platform (ie Intel to Intel) then just insert into to your new system and power up

If you are switching platforms, ie Intel to Ryzen, then it's best to start fresh.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

In my opinion the best thing is to just reinstall Windows, ensures that everything will be in good working order with no driver conflicts. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

So do I create a system image on my boot drive then just hook it up to the new system?

I'm going from Intel to AMD btw