How bad is this IPS glow?

Genesisfury

On a scale of 1-10. How bad is it? It's a Dell S2721DGF. Manufacture date of December 2020. Curious if I should RMA.

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

that;s a 10 from me, mate, rma now and send them pictures, ouch

You need something to compare to. An overexposed image made with a phone can make the best screens look bad. Just use it and see if it's distracting or not and then decide if you RMA or not.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, BetteBalterZen said:

I'm not that much into IPS displays but man, that looks terrible... 😮

that's true, but that doesn't mean it'd look like this when actually something is shown on the display... on my ips the back light is the least of my complaints... I never see it basically. not that I have many complaints but this wouldn't be one of them. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

My flat TN panel looks like that when displaying completely black, just 1/3 as bright.

I barely notice it, though, as I've been using TN panels all my life.

I think I'll just skip straight to OLED once 1080p60 is what 720p is now.

elephants

That particular model is known to have rather poor uniformity.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2721dgf

Cant really go by your picture unless u can confirm that is actually what it looks like in real life. Unless u specifically alter camera settings, like the ISO, they general over expose the image resulting in images of LCD displays showing overblown levels of BLB and IPS glow.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Much worse than my monitor, but my monitor cost more than that.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking