Is there an alternative connector (non-Molex) for D5 pumps?

I hate Molex. Ugly. I have two EK D5 pumps with Molex. I realise SATA doesn't carry the same amount of power (or something like this).

My question is; are there any alternative connectors that I can cable up to replace the Molex connector? I plan to create custom PSU cables for my build and want to replace these connectors with something else if possible. 

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers 

1 minute ago, johnny5c said:

Thanks for the reply Johnny, but these are just as big and ugly as the Molex connectors they'd be replacing 😅

20 minutes ago, Schmo said:

something else

how about some deans micro 3 pin connectors, your other option is some type of jst plug or those banana connectors.  Then you can hide them in a wire sleeve 

I just converted mine into a 3 pin fan connector and plug it into a High amp port

9 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

I just converted mine into a 3 pin fan connector and plug it into a High amp port

interesting. Is this header labelled with something specific? 

2 hours ago, Schmo said:

interesting. Is this header labelled with something specific? 

Normally it will just be a pump header or if asus a HAMP header would also work. I mean in the end you just need a 12v header which on any decent motherboard a regular fan header can supply.

-> Moved to Custom Loop and Exotic Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Sata. As they already have them.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

25 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Sata. As they already have them.

I thought data didn’t carry the same voltage or something? 

7 hours ago, Schmo said:

I thought data didn’t carry the same voltage or something? 

Is that a concern?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

A sata power plug can do the job just ad good as molex. You can solder wires from molex to sata, or if you have a spare vga outlet on you psu you can plug the pump power into it. All you need is 12 volts and up to 3amp (just ti be on thr safe side) d5 is actually consumes 23 watts - just under 2 amps

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

4 hours ago, MaratM said:

A sata power plug can do the job just ad good as molex. You can solder wires from molex to sata, or if you have a spare vga outlet on you psu you can plug the pump power into it. All you need is 12 volts and up to 3amp (just ti be on thr safe side) d5 is actually consumes 23 watts - just under 2 amps

That’s cool. Would I be able to cable up two sata ports for two d5 pumps direct to the psu? I plan to do a bunch of custom cables for my builds so could do a pump cable to my RM1000i psu.