AMD 7 2700x with AMD Wraith Prism (Should I use it?)

suha04

Hi mates!

I am currently using an AeroCool Cylon 4 CPU cooler with my processor, but I just realized that for almost the same amount of money, I could have bought a better one. I don't really want to swap my cooler until I know from the experienced ones, are the Prism temps good, If I don't overclock? If yes, how much are those in idle and under load?

Thank you!

so you have a cooler and you want to buy a new stock cooler?

unless you're having issues i wouldn't suggest swapping it out, and if you do then i would suggest something like a noctua d15 or the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4.

but those are overkill for a 2700x anyway,

i use a cryorig h7 for mine and under very heavy cpu stresstesting it can go up to 90°C, but that's also because of my poor airflow in my case.

for normal gaming it never hits the 70°C and is floating around 4-4.3 Ghz

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

2 hours ago, flashiling said:

unless you're having issues i wouldn't suggest swapping it out, and if you do then i would suggest something like a noctua d15 or the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4.

i use a cryorig h7 for mine and under very heavy cpu stresstesting it can go up to 90°C, but that's also because of my poor airflow in my case.

Just to clarify, I don't want to buy a stock, I got one with my CPU, I just didn't tried it because I ordered a Cooler at the same time, and I just wanted to know if it can overcome the 39C in idle 😛

Thanks for the answer by the way!

2 hours ago, flashiling said:

BTW, what power plan are you using?

8 minutes ago, suha04 said:

BTW, what power plan are you using?

default.

and if your cpu is 39C° idle then you have no issues at all, in fact it's better than most cpu's 😄

my cpu during idle is at the high 40C° low 50C°

if you were curious about the temps with the stock cooler, i would suggest trying it (if you have enough thermal paste to possibly re paste the cpu twice).

but you don't have any issues with the current one so i would just keep the stock cooler as a spare just in case your curren one breaks, that's what i did

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

not completely relevant, but my 1600 @ 3.9ghz/1.38v is perfectly cool with the Prism.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

I use the Wraith Prism stock cooler with my Lidless PGA 2700X completely and totally issue free. 

Thank you all for these answers! In that case, I'm going to keep it as a spare one. Have a great day guys!

I use the Wraith Spire on a 3600 and it's totally OK. CPU almost never exceeds 70C in workloads or gaming, looks cool with the RGB ring, and is cheap. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |