Windows Grinds To a Halt When ANY Disk is at 100% Active Time

dj_ripcord

I have 3 disks in my system. Two 2TB spinning and one 250Gb SSD. As well as a 32Gb Optane drive using primocache. My drives are listed sequentially  (C, D, E) and the optane drive is obviously managed by primo and therefore does not have mounted partitions. C I use for games and programs that I wish to have boot quickly, D and E are used for smaller games and media storage. I have begun to notice that lately when I exit out of a game, my pc stops responding for a minute. Chrome doesn't want to let me type, I cant open windows that are in my task bar. Opening task manager often shows that drive D (which the game I am referring to isn't even installed on) is maxed out. So it doesn't make a lot of sense that my entre PC would be having performance issues since my OS, Chrome, and the vast majority of my programs are installed on drive C. I also am doubtful that I am saturating my SATA controller since my SSD can read an write at about 5X the speed of the HDDs.

So do you guys have any ideas to what might be going on here? Any help is appreciated!

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO