i7 860 compatilble graphics cards?

Budget (including currency): $1500 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and video editing and programming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i was hoping to play at 1080p i do have A 60hz Monitor 

i have an i7 860 and a GTX 1060 6GB i was hoping if a GTX 1660 or something more high-end would be helpful because i would like to hit high FPS without bottlenecking

If someone could help that would be much appreciated

Isn't the cpu already bottlenecking your gpu? You could check your usage percentages with Msi Afterburner and Rivatuner. I doubt a 1660 would result in an fps boost. 

1 hour ago, Yashpashar said:

Isn't the cpu already bottlenecking your gpu? You could check your usage percentages with Msi Afterburner and Rivatuner. I doubt a 1660 would result in an fps boost. 

no the CPU is running at about 70 to 90% utilisation in GTA V and Call of duty black ops Cold war

20 minutes ago, Yeet227 said:

no the CPU is running at about 70 to 90% utilisation in GTA V and Call of duty black ops Cold war

What’s the gpu utilization, also is the cpu overclocked? That’s the best way a cpu of that age won’t bottleneck a somewhat modern gpu

On 1/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

What’s the gpu utilization, also is the cpu overclocked? That’s the best way a cpu of that age won’t bottleneck a somewhat modern gpu

The CPU is not overclocked and the GPU is 80 - 90% utilisation while playing almost any AAA game

On 1/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, Yashpashar said:

Isn't the cpu already bottlenecking your gpu? You could check your usage percentages with Msi Afterburner and Rivatuner. I doubt a 1660 would result in an fps boost. 

I would agree with this too. I can't see a GPU upgrade improving performance.