Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NEED HELP: Asus TUF x570 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600x, ZOTAC 2080, 750M Corsair PSU. System reboots when launching games...

I just upgraded my computer and moved over from Intel to AMD. I swapped out my mobo for the ASUS TUF X570 PRO and my cpu for a Ryzen 5 5600x. Everything seemed to be working fine until I launched Insurgency Sandstorm and my computer restarted. Then I launched Hell Let Loose, same deal. Cyberpunk works... Strangely enough and Battlefront 2 also works well... Although I haven't had the chance to play them for long periods of time so not sure if they would reboot my pc as well after hours of gameplay. 

I did a DDU for all my graphics drivers, so everything was cleanly installed. I'm currently working on reinstalling Windows as well to see if that helps. I switched out my CPU cooler to the stock fan the 5600x came with, still same problem. 

Also worth noting, nothing is overheating. Did one test where I stopped the automatic reboot at failure and I got an error needing to repair drivers. Thought it fixed it, as I got HLL to boot fine, went back to Insurgency and it just bypassed the setting and restarted anyways. Now HLL restarts again as well each time. This has been a huge bummer for me. 

Does anyone have any input that might help my situation? I've been working at this for two days now with no success. Could this be because of my switch from Intel to AMD? Did this stress out or confuse my computer? Could not performing a clean install of Windows right off the bat have caused these issues?

Sorry that was a ton of info, but I really appreciate any input anyone may have!;

I have a Ryzen 5 5600x paired with an ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 wifi ax. what speed is your ram? that is a huge factor in how AMD CPU's perform, far more than Intel

I had somewhat of a similar issue, my PC kept rebooting without warning, sometimes after 10 mins, sometimes after 6 hours. Stresstested it, no probs. Played around with random stuffs, sometimes fine, sometimes killed it. Turned out to be a dead SSD. Had my windows on an age old intel 120gb ssd and after 6 years of hard work it gave up. Try another harddrive/SSD I'd say.

18 minutes ago, Keamon said:

I have a Ryzen 5 5600x paired with an ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 wifi ax. what speed is your ram? that is a huge factor in how AMD CPU's perform, far more than Intel

I got viper DDR4 16 GB 4400mhz. Appreciate the input. I'm brand new to AMD and that isn't something I was aware of, although I believe 4400mhz should be enough. 

11 minutes ago, Buttefly said:

I had somewhat of a similar issue, my PC kept rebooting without warning, sometimes after 10 mins, sometimes after 6 hours. Stresstested it, no probs. Played around with random stuffs, sometimes fine, sometimes killed it. Turned out to be a dead SSD. Had my windows on an age old intel 120gb ssd and after 6 years of hard work it gave up. Try another harddrive/SSD I'd say.

Thank you for the idea! If my fresh Windows install doesn't work, that is definitely something to think about trying. 

27 minutes ago, Ejrahn said:

I got viper DDR4 16 GB 4400mhz. Appreciate the input. I'm brand new to AMD and that isn't something I was aware of, although I believe 4400mhz should be enough. 

4400mhz is REALLY fast. AMD cpus only really need 3200mhz

So just finished my clean install of Windows... Still shutting down whenever I load those games. I'm gonna try a new SSD to see if that's an issue. Need more memory anyways. 😂 The investigation will continue...