Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trying to Install Microsoft Office 2007 on Windows 10 with a License Key Grabbed with Produkey, to No Avail

Hello there,

I'm having a bit of a rough time trying to install MS Office 2007 under Windows 10 on my uncle's old PC that I upgraded with a new SSD and will soon upgrade with a better CPU, cooler, and RAM config. From the old install that was on a hard drive, which was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I pulled using Produkey the product key for MS Office 2007 which was being used for Office 2010, along with the W10 license, naturally, and while the W10 license works flawlessly as usual, the Office 2007 key is not. I have tried it with Office 2013, 2010, and then finally several different versions and different versions of ISOs at that of Office 2007, all to no avail.

I was wondering if I am missing something in terms of successfully transferring an Office license from one install to another, or if it's not possible (which I doubt). I still have the old hard drive, though, so if I need to boot back up that old install for anything, I should be able to.

BTW, I do plan to upgrade to the latest version of Office possible given the chance. Just whatever version of Office I can start with is what I will start with. And if I indeed can't transfer the license between installs, then I can always install LibreOffice.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If it's an OEM copy (came with the computer), you can't transfer it.

MacBook Pro 16

i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME - many dongles

Just to be sure, what kind of form the key is? I got volume key for Office 2007 Pro from Uni days, so I could compare it (not sharing mine, sorry).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Just to be sure, what kind of form the key is? I got volume key for Office 2007 Pro from Uni days, so I could compare it (not sharing mine, sorry).

'Tis a "MS Office 2007 Home and Student License", whatever that is. I'm guessing it's one of their entry-level licenses.

3 minutes ago, ultra_code said:

'Tis a "MS Office 2007 Home and Student License", whatever that is. I'm guessing it's one of their entry-level licenses.

I meant like in what format its in. IIRC mine is like full number string of 12 digits or something like that (its on my backup drive currently). Home And Student license is the basic one, but its also retail. Or it should be.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

25-characters long, split into 5 groups of 5, separated by dashes.

17 hours ago, ultra_code said:

25-characters long, split into 5 groups of 5, separated by dashes.

Ok, seems like it should work. So I'm out of ideas. Still might be OEM which would explain why it doesn't work.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Ok, seems like it should work. So I'm out of ideas. Still might be OEM which would explain why it doesn't work.

An OEM license? RIP. That would make the most sense.

Well, unless anyone else has any other ideas, I'll try getting 2019 for him then. That, or LibreOffice.

Thanks for the help.