Pc won’t boot with something plugged into DP

Rylyguy

So I have two monitors. One that’s plugged into my 1650 super through display port. My other monitor only had vga. So I got an hdmi to vga adapter to connect it. If both my monitors are plugged in then my pc won’t boot. It’ll just sit at a black screen. But if I unplug my display port monitor and only have my vga monitor plugged in it boots fine. Then I just have to plug my display port monitor back in once it’s in windows. I was wondering why this is and if I can fix it? TIA

3 minutes ago, Painfulupchuck said:

are both plugged into your gpu, and what is the rest of the build

Yes both are plugged into the gpu. A 10400 with 16gb of ddr4 2666. The 1650 super. And the mobo is a gigabyte b460m ds3h. 

have you checked to make sure all of your driver are up to date and that everything is showing up correctly in device manager

also is Nvidia control panel picking up everything correct. and which display is set to your main display

1 minute ago, Painfulupchuck said:

have you checked to make sure all of your driver are up to date and that everything is showing up correctly in device manager

My gpu driver is the latest. And what should I check in device manager?

make sure none of your devices are showing a yellow exclamation point beside them

make sure none of your devices are showing a yellow exclamation point beside them

No. None of that. 

also is Nvidia control panel picking up everything correct. and which display is set to your main display

Just now, Painfulupchuck said:

Yes I’ve checked that too. 

which display is set as main display

My display port monitor. 

it seem like a HDCP problem, essentially both device have to be able to read a digital signal from each other saying what they are and what they are capable of in order work, it may just be a problem with your cable or could be a deeper issue, try setting your other monitor as the main display and then see if that fixes it, give it time to try to boot.

3 minutes ago, Painfulupchuck said:

it seem like a HDCP problem, essentially both device have to be able to read a digital signal from each other saying what they are and what they are capable of in order work, it may just be a problem with your cable or could be a deeper issue, try setting your other monitor as the main display and then see if that fixes it, give it time to try to boot.

Ok I’ll try that in a few minutes

On 1/20/2021 at 5:45 PM, Painfulupchuck said:

So I did that and it still doesn’t boot with my DP monitor plugged in.