HELP! no GPU and CPU drivers for laptop!

zajuruk
Go to solution Solved by Pool Float,
1 minute ago, zajuruk said:

In my country (North Macedonia as of recently) most laptops come without OSs unless specified otherwise, i think the retailers are saving a few bucks etc. but what i really don't get is that on Nvidia's site it states that rtx 30 laptops will be released on 26th this month so my guess is that the unit i currently have should have been a pre-purchase offer maybe...

Since laptops are pre-built by the OEM, Asus in this case, it should have shipped from them with Windows 10 installed. I can't imagine they would sell a laptop to a reseller without an OS installed. If I remember correctly, Microsoft charges less than $15 for OEM Windows 10, since they don't have to support it.

I checked the nVidia site, and there are no drivers available for 3000M series, so you may need to use it with a generic driver until they are released.

For the CPU/chipset, you can try this one: AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ Mobile (Chipset) Drivers & Support | AMD

Hello, I follow LTT on youtube and i had nowhere else to turn...
Today I bought an ASUS ROG Strix G713R, it comes with a 3070 (not sure if max-q, normal 3070 driver doesn't work) and ryzen 9 5900hx.
However there are no drivers available for either of these components on ASUS, Nvidia and AMD.
Ryzen Master doesn't recognize my CPU.

GeForce Experience doesn't recognize my GPU.

I am completely lost, please help...

I'm getting literally no result for that model on Google. Please verify model number.

6 minutes ago, zajuruk said:

ASUS ROG Strix G713R

Are you sure it's not the ROG Strix G17 G713?

ROG Strix | Gaming Laptops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

ROG Strix G17 G713 | ROG Strix | Gaming Laptops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

That's the closest model number I could find online with a 3070 and 5900HX.

1 minute ago, Biomecanoid said:

Did you format it ?

It didn't have an OS, first boot was with win10 usb and i went through the standard procedures, did all the restarts and checking for updates until there were none left and then I tried to install the cpu and gpu drivers

It didn't have an OS, first boot was with win10 usb and i went through the standard procedures, did all the restarts and checking for updates until there were none left and then I tried to install the cpu and gpu drivers

If a brand new laptop arrived without an OS installed, you've got a bigger issue than missing drivers. I'd be on the phone/chatting with Asus right now.

7 minutes ago, zajuruk said:

I don't think there is an option to get the laptop bare without an OS.. Did you ask for it specifically ?

1 minute ago, Pool Float said:

If a brand new laptop arrived without an OS installed, you've got a bigger issue than missing drivers. I'd be on the phone/chatting with Asus right now.

In my country (North Macedonia as of recently) most laptops come without OSs unless specified otherwise, i think the retailers are saving a few bucks etc. but what i really don't get is that on Nvidia's site it states that rtx 30 laptops will be released on 26th this month so my guess is that the unit i currently have should have been a pre-purchase offer maybe...

Since laptops are pre-built by the OEM, Asus in this case, it should have shipped from them with Windows 10 installed. I can't imagine they would sell a laptop to a reseller without an OS installed. If I remember correctly, Microsoft charges less than $15 for OEM Windows 10, since they don't have to support it.

I checked the nVidia site, and there are no drivers available for 3000M series, so you may need to use it with a generic driver until they are released.

For the CPU/chipset, you can try this one: AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ Mobile (Chipset) Drivers & Support | AMD