Where does these I/O connectors go?

Kappawideharder

Where do these go? One says fan with 2 pin holes but mobo has 4 pin not 2 pin connector. And vdg dosent appear in case manual or mobo manual. the vdg cable and the one with it beside it both have 3 pin holes. Pls help. The mobo manual says “if u have a 3 pin fan hole Connector use mobo pin connector 1-3” dosent mention 2 hole one. Should i just connect the fan to mobo pin 1-2 connector? And i dont know where to put the vdg cables on mobo? Its not mentioned in manual.

ADFE7EEE-9485-484B-85B8-99A36C817677.jpeg

4ADA208E-B5AC-4173-B281-3AC082526C9D.jpeg

The VDG cable connects to a 3-pin ARGB header.

Not all motherboards have these, but if you do, you should see a 4-pin array with one pin blocked out. Connect the other port to that.

For the FAN one, I'm not sure.

elephants

What motherboard do you have?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I put the fan 2 hole cable on 4 pin fan mobo connector pin 1-2. didnt conmect any of the two vdg cables. Turned on pc and it booted up normally the fans are working and are displaying red color but wont change color prob because mobo dosent have vdg connector??

I found these pins in the mobo https://imgur.com/gallery/OVUBsR1 but the mobos manual doesn't mention it ? it has some writing below it says "UART1" the thing is I think it fits the cable on the second pic on my post above but I just don't know what those pin connectors are for in the mobo?

• 4 weeks later...

Your VDG cable looks like it only has 2 wires physically connected. To change colors, you need 3 wires. For the VDG LED's you might be able to control them with a separate 5V 3 pin RGB controller or connect them up to an Arduino with a neopixel sketch. But again, you need 3 wires. If your fans only have 2 wires on them for LED's, it might be Red LED Fan and not RGB Fan.
UART is Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter, which is a communication protocol that conveniently Arduino utilizes to read and write. It's hard to say for sure, but a 3-pin Motherboard UART1 would strike me as 5v, Transmit, ground. Which very well could be the header you're looking for, but I would do a little more research to be sure.