Chromebook Linux App Download Error

Go to solution Solved by Atli-A,

I think I may have found the solution. You may have to enable developer mode for android. Here is a tutorial for exactly this issue. I recommend to follow steps 6 - 8. Tell me if this works

I am using this guide to install an app called honeygain on my Chromebook through the linux terminal. Everything has worked so far and I have completed steps 1-7. The emulatated android phone is even showing up in my chromebook settings so I know everthing worked. The thing is I need to connect to the phone to install the app using the the command "adb connect 100.115.92.2:5555" but everytime I try to connect I get the same message saying "unable to connect to 100.115.92.2:5555: Connection refused". How do I fix this?

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

I think I may have found the solution. You may have to enable developer mode for android. Here is a tutorial for exactly this issue. I recommend to follow steps 6 - 8. Tell me if this works

13 hours ago, Atli-A said:

Thanks,   actually found that article today. I have talked to a friend and I think this should work by just putting it in developer mode.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!