GTX 800 series launching in Q2... any hope?

kungfury7

Its about right. We saw the 7970 in January 2012 and the 680s a few months later. Process technology is running at about every 24 months so it will be and around the right sort of timings. AMD is actually quite late with its 290 refresh whereas the release of Titan and the 780 were about bang on for a refresh product.

Based on TSMC's stated mass production in January the earliest we can expect to see 20nm cards is June/July. It takes 6 months from the wafer starts to the point where products are available at retail (historically). Many people are speculating that its later than that because of Apple and such but we don't know how many early wafer starts have been bought or if they have been bought yet. I would be very surprised not to see cards this year however based on 20nm, just not sure we'll see high end replacement cards again until refresh a year later.

Now this is the answer that I like. 

Looking forward to some benches/reviews of them 800 series and (maybe....) 790 cards... my 690's need an upgrade..., and so does me steamOS (guess where me 690's are going xD )

But atm.... only rumours, hearsay and some small leaked info....

I'm just gonna wait....

I thought they openly said there was no Q2 release? Even if they did not openly it seems unlikely However the Titan Black's release might say otherwise.

That would be a strategy to throw off AMD.

800 series launch date: they will launch when they start selling them. thats all known :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D