Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GTX 800 series launching in Q2... any hope?

kungfury7

Guess there's really no new info to speculate at all.. so only thing to do is to predict on what NVIDIA has done in the past(or if I have missed out on any new info, please do shate). With that, can I still be hopeful for a Q2 release?

I thought they openly said there was no Q2 release? Even if they did not openly it seems unlikely  However the Titan Black's release might say otherwise.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

We will never know until it happens I guess.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

It would be more realistic for a Q3-Q4 release for the high end ones, all rumors of course, nobody knows or will know until its weeks from the release. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Nothing is ''leaked'' yet, so It could happen but, we really don't know till that day gets here.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

there isnt going to be a Q2 release, there inst a fab that can produce 20nm chips.... so please for the love of god stop asking!

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

wow this question is EVERYWHERE on the forum!!! 

Normally i don't complain about reposts but this is getting out of hand.

As said 100 of times about now, We.Don´t.Know.Anything. Only rumors.

Exactly what I said in the last post of this... Does this happen regularly with every new release of a card or chip? I think these kind of things should be counted as reposts, until they are actually released. I don't like the question "Should I buy now or wait later?" as we cannot define what the performance in the later is. Whereas, when they are out, they are more applicable with more actual facts to refer to.

Screw the 780. I will wait for the 800 cards. :D

OT: I personally think that the 880 will be far better then the titian. If the 780ti was, this will be.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

At least The R9 2999xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXX dual XXXXX  HawaiiXX will be releasing this year

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Exactly what I said in the last post of this... Does this happen regularly with every new release of a card or chip? I think these kind of things should be counted as reposts, until they are actually released. I don't like the question "Should I buy now or wait later?" as we cannot define what the performance in the later is. Whereas, when they are out, they are more applicable with more actual facts to refer to.

Just curious, if the question bothers you both so much, why even click the thread and comment in it?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Not normally, at least not a year ago, this start happening towards the end of 2013? not sure but it´s getting bothersome lately. there are like 5 of the same thing per week and like i said, i normally don´t complain but this is getting out of hand.

It´s that hard to just look at the other threads but im starting to think...the forum is getting flooded 12 year old that can´t think that far... i understand Necoring a Thread is not permitted but geez, atleast check the first 2-3 pages.

@minimalist Voicing my opinion and hoping that people will understand, also the title made me think we finally got some info. but i didn't notice the ".... any hope?" part because it didn't show up in the "Recent Topics" it´s a long title man.

Title was quite misleading at first. I got excited and depressed at the same time.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

there isnt going to be a Q2 release, there inst a fab that can produce 20nm chips.... so please for the love of god stop asking!

Um, did you know that 20nm chips are in production for some time now? NVIDIA usually orders at least half year before launch, they usually do so in November. Right now TSMC had to delay their interests because Apple and Qualcomm were making huge orders and they pay more than NVIDIA, so the cards are probably coming late summer or autumn. But there are so many other possibilities, they could do the 800 series as the 28nm Maxwell and that can come even tomorrow, or release 20nm Maxwell cards early summer as they usually do, but with VERY limited stock.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Um, did you know that 20nm chips are in production for some time now? NVIDIA usually orders at least half year before launch, they usually do so in November. Right now TSMC had to delay their interests because Apple and Qualcomm were making huge orders and they pay more than NVIDIA, so the cards are probably coming late summer or autumn. But there are so many other possibilities, they could do the 800 series as the 28nm Maxwell and that can come even tomorrow, or release 20nm Maxwell cards early summer as they usually do, but with VERY limited stock.

sorry, i ment that there isnt a fab that can take their big orders for a reasonable price

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

we just have to wait and see what happens....

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I hope they come out soon, I will be saving my money in preparation. (Although I don't know why... what I have is already faster than a 780)

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I got a 760 temporarily for Star Citizen alpha/ beta, but will be selling it as soon as Maxwell is incoming. I strongly suggest anyone interested in Star Citizen do not get too attached to Kepler or anything older.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

In the internet world, things changes every second, news get updated every second as well. Why so close minded? It's an open question just to see if something comes up. If you don't have things to share then that's fine, but please don't insult my enthusiasm for new info. Want some cheese with that whine?

Is it just me or this gen launch takes so long than the past generations... usually there's a new lineup by this time, the 700 series have been here for too long.

Yup...i hope it comes first and i mean all the way from 810 to 890 or watever...just like 600 series came...coz 700 series didnt included gt 730 or 740 gpus...800 should have those... :)

Is it just me or this gen launch takes so long than the past generations... usually there's a new lineup by this time, the 700 series have been here for too long.

Its about right. We saw the 7970 in January 2012 and the 680s a few months later. Process technology is running at about every 24 months so it will be and around the right sort of timings. AMD is actually quite late with its 290 refresh whereas the release of Titan and the 780 were about bang on for a refresh product.

Based on TSMC's stated mass production in January the earliest we can expect to see 20nm cards is June/July. It takes 6 months from the wafer starts to the point where products are available at retail (historically). Many people are speculating that its later than that because of Apple and such but we don't know how many early wafer starts have been bought or if they have been bought yet. I would be very surprised not to see cards this year however based on 20nm, just not sure we'll see high end replacement cards again until refresh a year later.

In the internet world, things changes every second, news get updated every second as well. Why so close minded? It's an open question just to see if something comes up. If you don't have things to share then that's fine, but please don't insult my enthusiasm for new info. Want some cheese with that whine?

Depends on the cheese.

and no, info dont really change every second although that would be interesting if it actually did.

I´m not close minded, but i do find you impatient, so impatient that you don´t even check if other have already ask´t the same thing.

Yeah the Question is open minded but asked way to many times in a short period of time.

oh and i did share with you something:  We.Don´t.Know.Anything. Only rumors.

You never said you wanted information based on rumors :P

Btw my wine is red.