PC won't boot fully after GPU and CPU upgrades

gggrr55
Go to solution Solved by WhitetailAni,

Did you update your BIOS?

Hi, I recently purchased new components: an i5-9600k and a GTX 1660TI and I also moved everything into a new case.  After finishing moving and adding my new parts when I turned on my pc it showed the normal ASRock loading screen but eventually no matter how many tries it would always freeze before ever loading windows.  I tried using a flash drive with windows to boot from but that did not work.  Also I can access the bios and boot loader perfectly fine but no matter what drive I use to boot, it always freezes.  The bios shows everything correctly (RAM, CPU, fan speeds, SSD, HDD, etc.) so I am very lost on what the problem is.  A couple of times after letting the frozen screen stay for like 5-10 minutes, eventually it would blue screen and the error said "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION".  I looked up the error and it appears that it has to do with hardware but I tried booting from a flash drive instead of my SSD, and I tried taking out my graphics card as well and it is still the same result.  My motherboard is an ASRock H370M itx board if that helps.

I could really use some help as I have run out of ideas on what to do thanks

3 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Did you update your BIOS?

dude I'm actually so mad and relieved it was that easy I just can't believe I didn't try that sooner thank you