A question for my next pc upgarade

So i have a big  dilemma, i've had a amd pc for the last like 4 years first it was an r7 1700x + x370 from gigabyte and then upgraded to an r7 3800x + x570 asus tuf. The problem is that, with both of them i couldn't get them to run at the speeds that i've seen everywhere, allways 100-200mhz slower (i know someone would ask the coooler for the 1700x was a good arctic cooler that didn't hit more then 70-75C and for the 3800x stock cooler, full load 80C) and i've also had problems with the ram, first with hyperx 2667 cl13 not running at even 2667 or not booting and then after the first upgarde to the 3800x, i bought some corsair vengeance rgb 3600 cl18 and then gskil tridentz rgb 3200 cl16, both couldn't even run at 3200mhz and after that only worked at 3000mhz. And other problems... After that i send the mb and the cpu to warranty and got my money back for the 3800x and the mb got repaird. The question is should i buy an amd 3800x/5800x again (and if this time i would have the same problems i promise i would never buy amd again) or should i go for an i7 10700kf + z490 mb?

For more specs:

msi rtx 2070

samsung 960 evo m.2 250gb

segate firecuda sshd 2tb

psu corsair rm 850w 80+ gold

case coolermaster masterbox 5 lite a little bit modified

P.S: sorry for bad english

most people don't have these issues. either you've been really unlucky or you've been doing something wrong, like not having the ram in slots 2 and 4, or not having the chipset drivers installed, or not having the bios up to date.

6 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

maybe you should go Intel if you had so many issues with Ryzen

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

most people don't have these issues. either you've been really unlucky or you've been doing something wrong, like not having the ram in slots 2 and 4, or not having the chipset drivers installed, or not having the bios up to date.

^

He has a very nice x570 board that will support any new Ryzen processor. Probably not worth swapping boards. But if OP wanted to he could, though I feel that AMD is probably the best option even with the bad experience with it. And if not you can return it.

space for rent

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

the ram is put correct in slot 2 and 4 even tried 1 and 3 it's the same and i always install drivers from the official stie on any product i buy, i almost alway stay up to date with the bios even tried rolling it back a few versions nothing worked.

1 minute ago, Hampoon said:

^

He has a very nice x570 board that will support any new Ryzen processor. Probably not worth swapping boards. But if OP wanted to he could, though I feel that AMD is probably the best option even with the bad experience with it. And if not you can return it.

i agree ryzen is the best option right now, but i'm sick of thinking everymorning "is my pc going to boot today? or is it going to break or worse?"

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

such cliches on this forum need to die, people are not idiots

what cliches?

there were many many times when people were asking for help with their cpu/ram and they were having ram in slots 1 and 2.

it's always good to ask the basic questions first, it's not condescending. 

By 100-200mhz slower, do you mean all core, or single cores/low core load? What were the actual speeds it was running at? Was PBO enabled etc.?

Also, what got repaired on the motherboard? To me, a lot of this sounds a lot like a motherboard problem if the bios and chipset drivers are all up to date (I'm talking about the X570 board here and ignoring X370).

I've got a 2700X running on a Gigabyte B450i Aorus Pro itx board (yes, only 2 memory slots so it is easier on the mem controller, but still) with 16GB of Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 running at the XMP settings with zero problems for the last year and a bit. A 3800X should have had little problem with that in reality.

install drivers from the official stie on any product i buy,

Do you install the chipset drivers from the motherboard site, or AMDs site?

If you still have the mobo go for some cheap AMD CPU lie 3300x/3600 and simply w8 for new Intel or even AMD stuff but if you want to go AMD route now 5900x would be the best choice but watch out as both are RLY hot chips and I would advise under-volting/aio...

As for clock speeds yeah its, a mess if you come over from older Intel chip, AMD rates their Boost different so forget about max clocks with multicore loads...

PS. Don't forget to update BIOS

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

17 minutes ago, IntMD said:

By 100-200mhz slower, do you mean all core, or single cores/low core load? What were the actual speeds it was running at? Was PBO enabled etc.?

Also, what got repaired on the motherboard? To me, a lot of this sounds a lot like a motherboard problem if the bios and chipset drivers are all up to date (I'm talking about the X570 board here and ignoring X370).

I've got a 2700X running on a Gigabyte B450i Aorus Pro itx board (yes, only 2 memory slots so it is easier on the mem controller, but still) with 16GB of Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 running at the XMP settings with zero problems for the last year and a bit. A 3800X should have had little problem with that in reality.

Do you install the chipset drivers from the motherboard site, or AMDs site?

i mean all core, the 3800x was running at 3.95-4ghz and the single core didn't hit more then 4.35/4.4 ghz and from what i've seen on the site it should boost to at least 4.5 ghz single, PBO enabled, didn't specified what repaired means, yes i had the chipset drivers up to date from amd site. And also the speeds are the speeds i don't care if it is 100mhz lower but i have a friend that had 3400mhz ram on a 2600 with b450 and i can't put them on more then 3000 without crashing.

Thats quite normal they like to hit max frequency for just a millisecond  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

Where are you comparing your CPUs to other users? What benchmarking platform or site? Most sites that have user submitted scores are likely users that are overclocking. Considering you were using a standard air cooler and then the stock cooler on the newer setup I'd say you aren't overclocking or using any sort of gaming or OC profile on the CPU. That could account for a 100mhz to 200mhz difference in performance in terms of CPU performance. As for the ram, are you doing the DOCP/XMP profiles or are you manually overclocking it to get it up to speed?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

7 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Where are you comparing your CPUs to other users? What benchmarking platform or site? Most sites that have user submitted scores are likely users that are overclocking. Considering you were using a standard air cooler and then the stock cooler on the newer setup I'd say you aren't overclocking or using any sort of gaming or OC profile on the CPU. That could account for a 100mhz to 200mhz difference in performance in terms of CPU performance. As for the ram, are you doing the DOCP/XMP profiles or are you manually overclocking it to get it up to speed?

i've been comparing it with other users submitted scores and what i seen on youtube from people that do benchmarks, about the ram if i used docp it didn't even boot i had to boot them at stock run typhoon and amd dram calculator on safe and put the timings myself even with that it will still crash at 3200 so i had to put it at 3000 with 1.4v [the thing is 100mhz lower on the cpu is ok but not beeing able to run ram with 3200mhz while my friend and his r5 2600 +b450 mb can run it at 3400mhz is ridiculous]

1 minute ago, SuperViper said:

i've been comparing it with other users submitted scores and what i seen on youtube from people that do benchmarks, about the ram if i used docp it didn't even boot i had to boot them at stock run typhoon and amd dram calculator on safe and put the timings myself even with that it will still crash at 3200 so i had to put it at 3000 with 1.4v

Like I said user submitted scores are most of the time going to be overclocked or using some sort of preset OC profile. YouTube videos are cool and all but the setups in those videos dramatically differ from most users computers, while the GPU and CPU are the same, the ram, motherboard, case, all other components are likely different and most of those benchmarkers also tend to have OC profiles or overclocks as well and if they do or don't most don't specify. 

X370 was fairly iffy with memory overclocking so I think that could have been a contribution to your issue on the X370 board. This X570 board just sounds like it has issues. The fact that you RMAd it and they actually fixed/replaced it tells you that it at least had a problem and it could still have one. If you were to get a different board, like the Asus X570-P or another one in the price range of your original board it could alleviate your ram issues. If this were my computer I would buy a new board, screw the repaired or used one the RMA process sent back. If it still has problems on a brand new board, you can return the board and then decide to switch platforms or not. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, WikiForce said:

far more often than not, people are generally knowledgeable about their stuff

the key word here is often, yes most of the people on this forum will know this but some will not. Plus always worthwhile to check just in case. Even the most experienced people in this general field can make an easy mistake by accident.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

ok thank you guys for the help i have decided to sell my x570 RMAD mb and buy a i7 10700kf + ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-H [the mb was on sale] also a Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv