How much pixel does a average size of human being consume as compared to our sun in an 8K display

Ragavron

8k display has apprx 33 million pixels

Average size of a human being : 5'9

size of sun: 2.740157e+10

What is the apprx pixel capacity does a human being consume in a 8k display (7680 × 4320) in a photo of a sun which is being fully shown in a 8k display (the value can be apprx and it is being known it consumes not even one pixel in that 33 million pixels)

(I know hat the picture of a sun dosent consume all the pixels of a 8K display since the shape is circle)

9 minutes ago, Ragavron said:

Average size of a human being : 5.9 inches

What is the apprx pixel capacity does a human being consume in a 8k display (7680 × 4320) in a photo of a sun which is being fully shown in a 8k display (the value can be apprx and it is being known it consumes not even one pixel in that 33 million pixels)

(I know hat the picture of a sun dosent consume all the pixels of a 8K display since the shape is circle)

What?

I don't know what land of midgets you live in, but I"m certainly not 5.9" in size...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

giphy.gif

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

He obviously meant to write 5 feet 9 inches. What's the big deal? There's bigger things to focus on in this post than an obvious typo.

1 minute ago, OrionFOTL said:

He obviously meant to write 5 feet 9 inches. What's the big deal? There's bigger things to focus on in this post than an obvious typo.

Yeah, like trying to determine what is actually being asked....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

What? I have read this post multiple times and I am having a really hard time understanding what you are saying.

Are you asking:

Imagine that we had an 8K picture of the sun, and the picture was scaled so that the sun fit inside the picture. How many pixels would a human be in the same picture?

Is that what you are asking?

I am not sure where the "average size of a human being 5.9 inches" or the sun numbers comes from but I'll ignore those for now.

If you are asking "how many pixels would a person fill in an 8K picture of the sun" then it is quite easy to calculate.

8K means 7680x4320. Since the sun is a circle we can ignore the 7680 number. It's the vertical resolution that will limit us.

The sun has a diameter of about 1391982 kilometers.

If we take 1391982 and divide by 7680 we get 181.

Each pixel in our 8K picture of the sun corresponds to 181x181 kilometers (about 112 miles square miles) in real life.

So the answer to your question is 0. A human being would not even be large enough to be a singel pixel in our picture. Not even close.

The entire earth would be 70x70 pixels in such an image. I made you an 8K picture where you can see the sun and the earth for scale.

26 minutes ago, Ragavron said:

I think the lockdown is getting to you. 

Okay, so you're asking how tall a human is compared to how tall the sun is? And you want to relate that to pixels on an 8K screen?

(dot will be a decimal point in the coming numbers)

The sun has a diameter of 1.3927 million KM (let's say the sun is a perfect sphere, so this is its heights/width, etc.)

Average human male is 1.8m 

(Sorry for switching to metric, but those make more sense to me).

So let's simply just see, what is 1.8 of 1.3927 million KM?

1.8 of 13927 would be 0.013%

But of course that is omitting a bunch of zeroes from the size of the sun, which that would actually be 1,392,700,000.00 KM, which is 1,392,700,000,000.00 meters

1.8 of 1.3927 billion is: 0.000 000 13%  (numbers split every three zeroes to read more easily).

Let's do it the other way around. Let's say a human is one pixel tall. How many pixels would the sun be tall?

1.384.615.385 pixels. (1.38 billion pixels).

You could also see this as the sun being 769.230.769 larger than a human (double nice).

I think this is correct, but I'm not too good at this stuff, so I might not be 100% correct

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

I think the lockdown is getting to you. 

Might as well be staring at the sun.

I was for sure we were talking about groins at first.

1 hour ago, Ragavron said:

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

I think a few variables have been omitted here and the question admittedly isn't super clear, but I'm going to interpret it as best as I can and try it out:

Let's start with our photo of the sun. I think this photo in visible light with solar filter is a good choice. Obviously it doesn't really look like the sun, but captured with your average camera there are all sorts of lens flares, overloading the camera's sensor and HDR capabilities etc. So we'll stick with this super scientific photo.

Now the display. I'm just searching Amazon for 8k monitor and taking the first result, it's this Dell UltraSharp 32" 8K Monitor. It boasts a luminance of 400 candelas per square meter, and the height of the display is ~0.5m (I don't care about the width much because our circular photo of the sun is obviously gonna be height bound).

A little bit of Photoshop magic, I can see our photo of the sun roughly averages to be a circle of 87% gray pixels. I'm not sure if with gamma correction and perceived intensity that necessarily mean we're getting 87% of the monitors luminance shining on us (after all— black pixels might not even be 0%), but hey this is back of the napkin math so what the heck. The photo also has some black around it, about 200 pixels off the top and bottom of the total 2300 pixels, so only 1900 pixels are actually illuminated (again, we're gonna just discard the black pixels as if they emit no light at all). Of course the photo is not high enough resolution to display on our big fancy monitor, but we'll assuming it's full screened as noted in the question and the important part is what percentage of the height is consumed (1900/2300 = ~82.6%). With that, we can say that our sun is taking up 3568 pixels on our 8K display, or about 41.3 cm of physical height. So our virtual sun a circular shape with a radius of 20.65cm. Good ol' πr2 will gives us an area of 1339.6 cm2 (so tempted to go back and fudge the numbers so that this hits 1337 but whatever). This is about 0.134m2.

So with our monitor and image size, luminance and average pixel brightness all worked out— our Wikipedia sciencey photo of the sun— displayed on our 8K 32" monitor— is about the equivalent of having a disk shaped light putting out 87% of 400cd/m2 over an area of 0.134m2. You're big fancy monitor is lighting up your office with just over 45 lux. I'm not gonna get into how far away you're sitting from this display because at this point it's time to look at the contender in our Sun vs. 8K display competition.

The sun during daylight of a bright day is smacking you with about 111,000 lux.

Even though a dark office might seem pretty illuminated by a big shiny 8K display flexing a photo of the sun— in reality it's barely even one one-thousandth as intense.

Now the moon on the other hand... maybe that would be a fair fight for our 8K display! 😅

Edit: I appreciate that this was not very scientific and I haven't studied light since grade 12 physics class over 10 years ago, please feel free to poke apart this "math" if you are a physicist.

I think you have some misconception that pixel is measurement of length. Its not. Its artificial element that represents value in RGB palette. Another misconception seems to be that area of the sun could be mapped as surface just like that. Thats not possible. When mapping ellipsoid to a 2D layer you will always have errors. We can use pixels as an example if you like. Depending on projection selected the "pixels" would either be elongated in north/south direction, or east/west direction. Or in simple terms and using Earth as example, its either correct in shapes or correct in areas, only way to represent ellipsoid correctly is as 3D shape.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, Ragavron said:

With any 8k display showing the sun in its entirety a human would be in a dismissible rounding area under a single pixel.

zero. using the power of photoshop since people already did the math, this is easier to understand

https://i.imgur.com/4Q74wfG.jpg

Removing the additional width, but keeping the height, the scale is accurate +/- 1px

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

19 hours ago, LAwLz said:

1,391,982 kilometers

Interesting, so if everyone stand on each other's head, we'll be taller than the sun

7.5b x 1.5/1000 = 11.25million kilometers

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

23 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Might as well be staring at the sun.

I love that album. Easily the most enjoyable of all there albums, every song on there is easy to listen to.

1 minute ago, DavidKalinowski said:

I love that album. Easily the most enjoyable of all there albums, every song on there is easy to listen to.

They were in top form back then.

Comment bots have come a long way.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 1/20/2021 at 8:20 AM, Radium_Angel said:

What?

I don't know what land of midgets you live in, but I"m certainly not 5.9" in size...

Think he meant 5'9"

Still have NO idea what he's talking about tho

The answer is 18,365,486 pixels with a 5% give or take.

I have no idea how I got that number aside from basically making it up.

And interesting flip-flop to this: If a person was 1 pixel (average male height of 5.7ft), what would be the image size of the sun: 712,545,809 x 400,807,018 if my calculator is not lying to me...

2.2846B feet / 5.7feet = 400,807,017.5 -> (400,807,017.5 / 9) * 16 = 712,545,809 (to get that 16:9 aspect ratio).

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)