Watercooled, modded NZXT Phantom 530 (1st build BTW)

chos5555

Update:

Ok, so I painted the RayStorm outer ring, painted the blue RAM, turned the PSU upside down, sleeved the pump cable(it was blue :D), cleared my cables at the front of the case a little bit and made the hole for the tube leading from 1 rad to another rad+I cleaned up the tube that goes through the hole :)

So let's get to the pictures hah:

The rig before the modding with a plasti dip can :)

rNaHNo7.jpg

Covered the connectors of the RAM, now to the painting part:

X7dMC0J.jpg

Ok, cleaned up the hole a bit... now it is pretty round and it does not have sharp edges:

rcuh0Ft.jpg

The sleeved pump cable... used some of the paracord that I didn't use at the 24pin sleeving:Vs9heeh.jpg

The painted ring on the XSPC RayStorm with flast on:

GlebLOa.jpg

With flash off:

WSOgovC.jpgWith the block in with the painted ring and the loop once again put together:

zyhWpK8.jpg

Turned the PSU upside down... this will enable some things that I will tell you about in another little update :D for now you can at least guess:

cULUq9d.jpg

The painted RAM... Oh I forgot to take off the masking tape that covers the connectors :D

CKnTbai.jpgWith the masking tape removed:

zndwrxb.jpg

Everything put together once again:

1GlpZh8.jpg

Kinda detail photo of what I was working on this update:
L5CgKCd.jpg

The PSU+the GPU zone:

snXXlOC.jpg

And lastly for now: really a detail shot of the CPU block and the RAM:

ebsjcdA.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed this update and thanks everybody for the positive comments!!

Anyway... I have a question for you:

So, the first thing is of course: Do you think it is a hit or a miss with the paint?

And the maybe more important question:
I turned the PSU upside down cause I was thinking about doing a white painted cover for it+a cover above the HDD and below the 5,25" bays to hide the cables from the back....

What do you think about that idea???

If you have any suggestion, leave them down below!

Thanks

I will of course borrow a DSLR when I'm done and make some really good pictures :D

Cheers, Chos

Little Update:

I have just ordered the Bitspower Z-multi tank 150mm red, Alphacool HighFlow D5 Top and a XSPC chrome G1/4'' male to male fitting....

There shall be a bigger update in a week or two, when I get the stuff and put it into the rig :D

Cheers, Chos

Little Update:

So, I just mailed this model to my grandpa that will make the covers I need for me :D

BTW: My SketchUp was posting some errors and I couldn't do a 3D render of it, so I made it in Paint :P also works...

Teaser:

EBGVwhs.jpg

go go Grampa go

yeah :D he is 65 years old... it shall be done in like 3 days or so :)

You sleeved cables and watercooled in your first build. wow, you have balls to do that

You sleeved cables and watercooled in your first build. wow, you have balls to do that

Yeah :D When I do something like this want it really nice :) Thanks

Update:

I will just let you know that I just got called from the guys over at the company that I ordered the d5 top and the FrozenQ reactor res, and he told me that they do not sell it anymore, due to its poor build quality and stuff like that, so I ordered Bitspower Z-multi tank in red(150mm) and when I was planning my loop I realized how it will all work, so I ordered few more fittings  that I will need, as well I will need to turn the RayStorm CPU block upside down, cause the water will be flowing in the oposite direction...

Stay tuned and exiced for new updates :D

BTW: I should get the covers from my grandpa today xD

Cheers, Chos

You have you ram in the wrong slots and shouldn't mix ram

I know both of those things :) but nah, I wouldn't bother with it... it works well and does look good

nice job, try to slow down your pump to 2 or even 1, I've noticed lower noise and temps with my rig

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

nice job, try to slow down your pump to 2 or even 1, I've noticed lower noise and temps with my rig

Thanks :). But... you have really noticed lower temps with pump on slower setting?

Thanks :). But... you have really noticed lower temps with pump on slower setting?

I do, about 4-5 degrees, at the higher speed pump heats up water itself and in my rig, I have lots of obstacles such us Quick Disconnect fittings, 2 video cards, 3 rads, and with the high flow rate water is getting warmer going through all this, I hope you understand what I mean ;) With the D5 at the 4th speed I had 43-44 on CPU and 44 on GPU, and now at the 2nd speed I have 36-37 and 37 respectively, but it is a bit colder in the room as well =)

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

I do, about 4-5 degrees, at the higher speed pump heats up water itself and in my rig, I have lots of obstacles such us Quick Disconnect fittings, 2 video cards, 3 rads, and with the high flow rate water is getting warmer going through all this, I hope you understand what I mean ;) With the D5 at the 4th speed I had 43-44 on CPU and 44 on GPU, and now at the 2nd speed I have 36-37 and 37 respectively, but it is a bit colder in the room as well =)

Oh I see what you say... :) that is sweet :) quiter, but lower temps, I will surely try that... Thanks

Agreed with the pump setting recommendations. I personally have my pump at 1 but I'm using 1/2" ID tubing so it moves lots of volume.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Tommorow will be a pretty big update, I received the plastidip, covers and put everything together... let's see how it turns out ;)

I mean mount another 240 on the bottom.

Oh I see... as you will see in the update I will post today, on the bottom will be a cover and the pump and reservoir so there won't be place to mount it anymore, but still I have more then enough cooling capacity even if I put another WCed GPU in there :) so there is no need to put it there really... It would just clutter the space and I would have to find another place for the pump/res.

Cheers

love the way you have gone all ham on that cable management ,looks beast ...

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Looking good. If you turn the PSU upside down you can get better air flow for the PSU and put a cable tie to hold all the cables coming out of the PSU for a cleaner look.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Looking good. If you turn the PSU upside down you can get better air flow for the PSU and put a cable tie to hold all the cables coming out of the PSU for a cleaner look.

I already turned it down in the last update, cause I will be putting cover over the top of it, also cause of that it will not tie down the cables cause it will be covered.

Thanks though :)