Watercooled, modded NZXT Phantom 530 (1st build BTW)

chos5555

Hello everybody,

so... as the title says, this is my 1st ever build, so if I have anything imperfect, just let me know and don't immediately hate me :). The backstory for it is just that I got into computers through LTT videos and wanted to build a PC and cause I needed better perofrming PC than I had(It was some pc from HP, I do not even know the specs now :D).

Lets get to it!!

Specs:

CPU: Intel I5 4670k

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780(I will be eventually adding another one for SLI)

MOBO: MSI Z87 GD-65 Gaming

RAM: combo of: Dominator Platinum 16GB 1866mhz and Kingston Blue 8GB 1600 mhz

PSU: Corsair AX750

HDD:WD Black 1 TB

SDD: Kingston V300 240 GB

Case: NZXT Phantom 530

Addons: NZXT HUE RGB LED Controller

Fans: Corsair SP120, Corsair AF140, Gentle typhoons

Watercooling parts:

XSPC Raystorm CPU Block

EKWB Titan Block Nickel and Acetal

Primochill Primoflex Advanced LRT Tubing

10 XSPC normal fittings

2 90 degree XSPC fittings

Swiftech mcp655 variable in XSPC 2x5,25'' bays res(for now)

360mm XSPC black radiator

240mm XSPC silver radiator

FrozenQ Reactor Core Extreme V 160mm-red (ordered)

alphacool highflow D5 top (ordered)

XSPC G1/4'' male to male fitting

To do list:

Get the mpc655 from the XSPC 5.25" bay res and put it into the Alphacool HighFlow top+Bitspower Z-multi tank red Reservoir(ordered) and put that structure on top of the cover that is instead of the fans on the floor of the case

The put this build into the build logs submission thread :D

Thanks everybody for checking out my build!!

Cheers, Chos

all at once

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

Just all at once but don't forget about the in progress shots :)

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

Preferably all at once if you have them all at once. The reason most people post them is phases is because they upload the pictures in a build log format. As they add more components they take more pictures. 

//ccap

its an awesome build.. i wanne see pics lol! :D

I also own a NZXT Phantom 530, its such an awesome case. with so manny cooling options.

Now the question is... How do I add pics from my PC? :) Do I need to upload it somewhere and then use the image button and enter the URL or can I put them directly in here somehow?

Now the question is... How do I add pics from my PC? :) Do I need to upload it somewhere and then use the image button and enter the URL or can I put them directly in here somehow?

You can upload them to Imgur. Right click on the image once you have it uploaded. Select 'Copy image URL' and head back to the forums. Click on the picture icon and paste that link in it. Done.

//ccap

Oh the time goes so fast... I need to go train basketball ;) I will leave you excited for couple of hours :) :)

Oh the time goes so fast... I need to go train basketball ;) I will leave you excited for couple of hours :) :)

What, someone on this forum does those sports thing :P

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I'm really sorry, but my internet doesn't want to work... only thing that works is wifi, so I am on phone, I had some weird problems with DNS servers all day. I already called the guy who manages the network, it should be fine in few 10s of minutes :)

4jFNXwC.jpgOSGNFH9.jpg0MskBmy.jpgaM2pRAY.jpg3PxfT6n.jpg6B8mBWo.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/xsujjgM.jpgcfZ4Lvl.jpgxsujjgM.jpgfNk3Pe2.jpgEGpDnT0.jpgMNxEgcc.jpgZIW99YU.jpgOyX2DBO.jpgVihHEr9.jpgK4riQZj.jpguyxo6VP.jpgT6mmQ7o.jpgBsvvDRc.jpgQEdDjPJ.jpgFdhWMLx.jpgXQmTaET.jpgFlXFJBp.jpgrr7o6fH.jpgKd9aTy6.jpgmbfV2bQ.jpgZjHnBc2.jpgQKmHrsy.jpg1ydCiRc.jpgexR4qpi.jpgY5phow0.jpgBS5yOtl.jpgeHsYi9O.jpgX20isxe.jpgT9HtXmP.jpgbOIJZkW.jpgHnUQZug.jpgD70ng45.jpgFMirvWd.jpgY1sZQXS.jpgIExTG5a.jpgAPjcmoS.jpgKM6a0dO.jpgK7XmvqH.jpgRcANdou.jpgQrlqG6i.jpgANMHYzX.jpglqluHtt.jpgerf9qbL.jpgsXtOMpq.jpg8fJpGyC.jpgK28SdRN.jpgEJuTbkW.jpgCG2leNs.jpgHoe9H4s.jpgZ8oG8b4.jpgAzVYE8o.jpgRHn9Pan.jpgQGbwyaG.jpgvFYMW6z.jpgF3Q4tJG.jpgjEMguCV.jpgijNIEdI.jpgDY5Bp0s.jpgCawnpv8.jpgYz5fZDj.jpg

I just want to say that I'm not done with the build yet :)

To do list: plasti-dip CPU waterblocks outer part red

plasti-dip the blue RAM red :)

perfect the hole in the case under the 5,25 inch bays

make the run between the 240 rad and the 360 rad cleaner(the one that goes through the hole)

sleeve the pump cable

that is all I can think of right now :)

Suggestions are welcome!!

That old one is sooooo ghetto. particularly that exhaust fan mount. awesome job in the end though.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

That old one is sooooo ghetto. particularly that exhaust fan mount. awesome job in the end though.

First thing: thanks :), and the second: yea the old one was little ghetto :) the hole in the front is just cut out so I could put the fan in there for better airflow for the GPU that I put in instead of the hd 5450 that I had there xD

The old ghetto one was nearly as ghetto as my old rig with a 7970,cept I had to take the side panels off for cooling  :D Decent upgrade lol

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

First thing: thanks :), and the second: yea the old one was little ghetto :) the hole in the front is just cut out so I could put the fan in there for better airflow for the GPU that I put in instead of the hd 5450 that I had there xD

My first personal pc was a pre built that i messed with quite a bit in order to get my ballin gt640 enough airflow. i know the struggle.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Looks great! Quite the improvement over the old rig haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You went from what looked like a crappy looking office cubical to an awesome gaming setup. Nice job! :)

Wow it looks realy awesome :D especialy the water watercooling.

If got mine Air cooled.

But may i ask which kind of lights you used in the case?

I realy like those aswell..

Maybe will post an image of mine as well some day lol ;)

The only thing is that i wanne change my mobo as well, since ive got a blackred build, but a black/blue mobo lol.

But the good news is that my cpu cooler blocks alot of the blue lol

Anyway, i have only one problem with my NZXT phantom 530, and that is vibrations, wenn i put my side panel on, the bottom of the case starts to vibrate, and those plastic dust filters start to rattle.. did you also have thease symptoms? I realy got no idea what to do about it.. maybe my heavy cooler is causing it.

If only you had enough room to fit a 240 rad. Nice job though. Own a Phantom 530 with the same motherboard. Does an awesome job.

Thanks, but I managed to fit a 240 in there, the silver one, or do you mean somethimk else?

Looks great! Quite the improvement over the old rig haha

You went from what looked like a crappy looking office cubical to an awesome gaming setup. Nice job! :)

Thanks everyone!!

Wow it looks realy awesome :D especialy the water watercooling.

If got mine Air cooled.

But may i ask which kind of lights you used in the case?

I realy like those aswell..

Maybe will post an image of mine as well some day lol ;)

The only thing is that i wanne change my mobo as well, since ive got a blackred build, but a black/blue mobo lol.

But the good news is that my cpu cooler blocks alot of the blue lol

Anyway, i have only one problem with my NZXT phantom 530, and that is vibrations, wenn i put my side panel on, the bottom of the case starts to vibrate, and those plastic dust filters start to rattle.. did you also have thease symptoms? I realy got no idea what to do about it.. maybe my heavy cooler is causing it.

Thanks!! The LEDs are the NZXT HUE, it is a RGB LED controller, you can post photo of yours if you want.

Little Update:

So.... I just found a nice vendor in Czech Reublic (the place I live in) of PlastiDip sprays :) so now I will order one through the internet, so it should be here monday or tuesday. So I will have to take the loop apart to paint the outer ring on the raystorm block, that means that I can clean up the hole I drilled and also the tubing between the 2 rads... Then I will be few steps nearer to my finished pc :)

question: Should I paint the fan grill on the PSU fan?

Another Little Update:

So... I just got my plasti dip... expect pictures in few hours :D :D will be dipping the kingston RAM+ ring around the CPU block(RayStorm) for now..