I got 27” 1440p 144Hz display. What to do with it?

Defie22

I'm 80% working and 20% gaming (1hour a day). I have a bad sight so If I will keep it then I will have to scale my windows 150%.

I have i3 8gen CPU and 1060 3GB graphics card. Now I have 23,7” FHD 60Hz display and I'm satisfied with it.

Is this new display any good for me? Or should I sell it but another one / something else?

did you buy the 1440p 144Hz monitor? and is it still in the box unopened?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

did you buy the 1440p 144Hz monitor? and is it still in the box unopened?

It was a gift. It's unopened. I can't return it, but I can sell it.

If you don't need it, sell it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Sounds reasonable.

I was thinking about the future. Isn't it something what could have any future benefit for me? 

Or maybe the refresh rate is so perfect that even for my work it will be better than my actual display...

16 minutes ago, Defie22 said:

I'm 80% working and 20% gaming (1hour a day). I have a bad sight so If I will keep it then I will have to scale my windows 150%.

I have i3 8gen CPU and 1060 3GB graphics card. Now I have 23,7” FHD 60Hz display and I'm satisfied with it.

Is this new display any good for me? Or should I sell it but another one / something else?

The slightly bigger display will not help you see things better ?

144Hz is still a nice-to-have even when work is the main use case. I'd keep it when it was a gift. It's certainly a step up from your other monitor in every way. I also use my 27" 1440p monitor scaled to 125% because without scaling all the text gets so tiny.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Yeah, keep it. I don't see the issue unless

a. You don't have the space, or

b. You really need the money from selling it.

phone out of service?

give us a call.

1 hour ago, Defie22 said:

I have a bad sight

Maybe glasses could fix that.

27” 1440p is bigger and a higher resolution. So it makes it easier to put 2 windows next to each other and look at 2 things at once. So for most people it would be great to keep it.

So the only reason to sell it would be to buy something which makes you even happier than a bigger better monitor.
If there is such a thing, sell the monitor and buy it. If there is no such thing, keep it.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

I tried to simulate 1440p on my 1080p. It's not so much smaller so the native size will not be an issue. I would buy new graphics card, but what to buy when there is nothing new on stock? 

So It looks that I will keep it. 

144Hz could be better for my eyes. And whole display could be more future proof.  Maybe 1080p gaming will be a little blurry, but for my 1 hour a day I can live with that.