Air Cooler for Ryzen 9 5900X

RodrigoRS

Hello, everybody!

I'm upgrading from a Ryzen 5 2600X (with the stock Wraith Spire Cooler) in an Asus X470 Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi to a Ryzen 9 5900X.

I know almost nothing about coolers but I just don't like/feel comfortable with a liquid cooler. Therefore, could you recommend some good air cooler that will not interfere with ram slot or something like that (currently I have 2x16gb sticks) but that will be good enough to cool it. I've seen some like the Arctic Freeze 34 Duo and some others like that. I'll like to avoid the biggest and more expensive ones (Dark Pro 4, for example) but if they are really worth it, let me know.

I won't overclock the cpu but I'll let PBO enabled, for sure. The same with DOCP.

Thanks.

country and budget?

of the top of my head, i'd say gelid phantom and some of the scythe coolers

3 minutes ago, RodrigoRS said:

Hello, everybody!

I'm upgrading from a Ryzen 5 2600X (with the stock Wraith Spire Cooler) in an Asus X470 Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi to a Ryzen 9 5900X.

I know almost nothing about coolers but I just don't like/feel comfortable with a liquid cooler. Therefore, could you recommend some good air cooler that will not interfere with ram slot or something like that (currently I have 2x16gb sticks) but that will be good enough to cool it. I've seen some like the Arctic Freeze 34 Duo and some others like that. I'll like to avoid the biggest and more expensive ones (Dark Pro 4, for example) but if they are really worth it, let me know.

I won't overclock the cpu but I'll let PBO enabled, for sure. The same with DOCP.

Thanks.

The Noctuna NH-D15 is great, but if you don't like the look then the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is another great option. (These are high-end coolers for around 80 USD, so I understand if you want a lower end one)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

The Noctuna NH-D15 is great, but if you don't like the look then the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is another great option. (These are high-end coolers for around 80 USD, so I understand if you want a lower end one)

I don't care about the looks because I have all in a Corsair Carbide 275Q. It does not have a window and it's "quiet". Nevertheless, If there are not really good affordable options, I'll pay for the good and expensive ones. It won't be wise to buy an expensive cpu and cheap out on the cooler.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

country and budget?

of the top of my head, i'd say gelid phantom and some of the scythe coolers

I'm from Argentina and I don't have a budget (I don't wanna cheap out in the cooler of an expensive CPU). Nevertheless, if there are good more affordable air coolers, better. I don't wanna expend more just because is for a certain brand while there could be other more affordable but efficient coolers out there.

Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT 👍

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

But not as good as LGMRT 😄

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's