FRAME Time causing my micro stutters? could u explain me pls? (pictures uploaded)

b0ne-

Hi it's me again, still trying to find out if this is the main reason for the minor minor stuters! I wanna know if my frameTIME is the issue causing my micro micro stutters.

When I remove the fps limiter, the difference between the cpu and the gpu to display the frame become less instead of 3-4 seconds they are 1.5-1 

but then my cpu usage goes to 80% -90%.

THE FIRST THREE PICTURES ARE WITH CAPPED FPS AT 165

THE OTHER 2 ARE WITH UNCAPPED FPS

THE VERY LAST PICTURES ARE TAKEN FROM A GUY WITH 3080 AND 5900X

HIS CPU RAME TIMES ARE ALWAYS AHEAD OF HIS GPU FRAME TIMES

WHICH MEANS HE HAS NICE FRAMETIME AND I DOUBT HE HAS STUTTERS SO,

IF U COMPARE MY BAD FRAMES TO HIS GOOD FRAMETIMES WOULD U SAY (Sry for the caps my keyboard went insane) 

that my cpu is the reason for the bad frame times and the minor minor micro stutters?

+ I tested my old gtx 1060 6gb gigabyte gaming g1 gpu and it had terrible frame times, my 5600x was like 8 MS ahead of it almost all the time

Please tell me if any of this makes sense and if any of this can be the reason for my micro stutters 

because i am seriously thinking of selling my 5600x and getting the 5900x while i can.

FRAME TIME 1.jpg

FRAME TIME 2.jpg

FRAME TIME 3.jpg

UNCAPED FPS 2.jpg

UNCAPPED FPS 1.jpg

3080 5900x frame time 1.jpg

5900x fraie time 2.jpg

5900X FRAME TIMES.jpg

micro-stutters are indicated by the max frame time.

in the 165fps capped case, max cpu frame time is 6ms, which corresponds to a 165fps. so there shouldn't have been any micro-stutters, at least not caused by the cpu or the gpu.

in one of the uncapped screenshots, max cpu frametime is 25, which corresponds to 40fps, which can be considered a micro-stutter. there was probably some cpu throttling happening at that point.

in conclusion, the 3ms vs 6ms difference in frametime isn't causing microstutters. you might get microstutters if you leave fps uncapped, if cpu starts thermal throttling.

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

micro-stutters are indicated by the max frame time.

in the 165fps capped case, max cpu frame time is 6ms, which corresponds to a 165fps. so there shouldn't have been any micro-stutters, at least not caused by the cpu or the gpu.

in one of the uncapped screenshots, max cpu frametime is 25, which corresponds to 40fps, which can be considered a micro-stutter. there was probably some cpu throttling happening at that point.

in conclusion, the 3ms vs 6ms difference in frametime isn't causing microstutters. you might get microstutters if you leave fps uncapped, if cpu starts thermal throttling.

Well here's the thing my game is smooth, really smooth at 165 fps but if I increase the fps to 250 or 300 for example, my cpu usage increases from 30-40% on avg all the way up to 85-90% as it can be seen on the screens, would u say it's the cpu again causing the stutters because I literally changed my settings, updated my drivers so many times, tried old drivers, tried so many things and still I feel like my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu at high frames both on 1080 and 1440p.

15 minutes ago, b0ne- said:

Well here's the thing my game is smooth, really smooth at 165 fps but if I increase the fps to 250 or 300 for example, my cpu usage increases from 30-40% on avg all the way up to 85-90% as it can be seen on the screens, would u say it's the cpu again causing the stutters because I literally changed my settings, updated my drivers so many times, tried old drivers, tried so many things and still I feel like my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu at high frames both on 1080 and 1440p.

can you monitor temperatures and frequencies on the cpu with hwinfo64 when fps is uncapped?

i expect to see it reach 90 or 95 for a second, dropping from 4ghz to 2ghz and then picking it back up.

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

can you monitor temperatures and frequencies on the cpu with hwinfo64 when fps is uncapped?

i expect to see it reach 90 or 95 for a second, dropping from 4ghz to 2ghz and then picking it back up.

Honestly my cpu never went above 75 C, even when I had 400 fps (on 1080p) + I am using its turbo boost and it always boosts its cores

to 4.65ghz which is the default frequency.

On this video his cpu never goes above 60 % load and when I play on the same level with same fps same res, my cpu goes insane 

and I sometimes hit 75-80%.I know he is using a different gpu....

idk man seems weird, maybe my chip is not as good as it should be.

Even with every single update available my cpu does not perform as I want it to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebPLJEM1Lo - another video where the 5600x has insanely low loads as it should - even on 1080p it still has a lot less loads than mine.

the screens I have uploaded are from the same level and my avg cpu usage there is 68-85 % ..

I have already contacted the people I bought the cpu from and I hope I will get a replacement.

do you have the ram properly configured? (slots 2 and 4, xmp enabled)

are you on the latest bios version?

is your game on a ssd or on a hdd?

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

do you have the ram properly configured? (slots 2 and 4, xmp enabled)

are you on the latest bios version?

is your game on a ssd or on a hdd?

yeah ofc, 2 and 4 slots, xmp profile 1.0 3600mhz

latest bios 31/12 (i updated bios 3 times during december cuz they released new versions every week)

my pc is up to date in terms of every single driver 

I reinstalled windows twice, bios settings are set to default 

no overlays or background apps running in my pc while having the game opened.

ty for trying to help me but my cpu could just be a bad chip.