Sapphire Radeon R7 240 Dual Monitor setup issue

So i have this problem i am currently using and 1080p 21,5 inch Asus monitor as my main display. About 2 years ago i used dual monitor setup with the exact mashine and worked fine, after that i gave my monitor to my friend and recently i bought a 19 inch philips 1366x768 resolution, so i can multitask and work with CorelDRAW and Photoshop with ease, at least that was my first toughts. So my video card has vga, dvi-d and hdmi slot. I use the vga slot with my main monitor works fine. After i try to insert another display cable doest matter hdmi or dvi into the card even without the other side of the cable hooked to a monitor the moment i insert the display cable my main monitor goest black but not in sleep mode and the pc after few minutes restarts, BUT if i leave the secondary cable in the video card it wont display any image but still doesnt let the monitor go to sleep mode so its getting some signal. Any other combination of inputs rather than only vga it wont display any image. I have tried everything except changing the video card, but i know the ports work because i used them before and now i cant for some reason.

My PC specs are:

Dual AMD Opterons x64 2.4ghz

Sapphire Radeon r7 240 4gb 

8gb of ddr2 800mhz ram 

HP Workstation xw9400 is the whole pc model - its fully original only the video is changed.

I know its a toster but its runs fine Windows 10 and all that. Please help i am trying for 3 months now.