VA/IPS vs resolution - what matters the most?

FoolTimer

Hey,
I have issues with eye fatigue and burning after working for multiple hours - it doesnt usually happen with gaming tho.
Now I need to get new display and would like to avoid this issue, whatever it is! 🙂
I wonder if any of you can help me try to pin point the main cause based on what I noticed :

display used : BenQ EW2750ZL (benQ low flicker and no PWM used) + lighting used behind the display to lower strain, use dark mode wherever possible, low blue light, contrast and brightness used all the time in various setting combinations, use of eye drops 

1st My eyes are not so good, so when I was getting this display I figured that the resolution wont be an issue, most ppl will say that FHD on 27" is bad, but if you have everything zoomed in anyways and you cant see individual pixels, I thought what the heck - but now I wonder if it might put some extra strain on my eyes since the text isnt that crisp (I still cant see the pixels so I do think id have the same issue with 4k panel on the same size, since its probably caused by my eye sight but I'd like to hear your opinions)
2nd This panel is VA, I cant remember if my previous one was IPS tho, but I wonder if the VA or IPS have some additional benefits or issues I havent heard of for eye strain

TL:DR What causes my eye fatigue?
VA panel
Resolution

Room lighting + glasses + eye sight + distance + etc. combo?

Thank you in advance for relevant replies 😉 so I can go and get my new display ASAP 😄

What causes eye fatigue:

- blinking less, this makes your eye dry. remedy : eye drop

- staring at a single distance for a long time, just like holding a weight midway, your muscles will get tired.

remedy: take a break every 20 minutes and stare something far.

- too much bright color, this happens with large display. the larger the display, the more light goes to your retina. remedy: use dark mode.

- your eyes getting old, remedy: use reading glasses.

- room lighting, this mentioned a lot, try having the room lit as brigth as the monitor. that way the pupil won't have to adjust drastically when you stare away from the monitor.

if anyone said about blue lights, is a bullshyte.

this got nothing to do with panel types.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Low room humidity can also cause eye irritation.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Take frequent breaks away from the monitor. If you sit at a computer with minor breaks for 8+ hours a day, every day, your eyes will get fatigued.

Room humidity is ok, and i do take breaks - also it doesnt happen whem i play for the same amount of time

but still, we are missing the main point which is VA/IPS/Resolution for my future display, these are just factors I want to check when shoping for one.

I guess everyone did only read the TL:DR 😄

OK...I found out new thing that could cause this, I didnt know before hat VA panels have issues with ghosting

Generally in a monitor sharpness and brightness are the things you want to look for.

Sharpness is tricky as it is combination of resolution panel type as things like ghosting come into effect and color accuracy.