Corsair 200R (Review)

CuriousBro

I've had my Corsair 200R since 2017 and I've been mostly happy with it. The only reason I thought to review it is to put into words my issues with air flow. The 200R comes with two stock fans; one in the front, and a second in the back. The front fan blows into a pocket between the front of the case and the fan. If that wording sounded odd, let me say it another way. The fan blows into a pocket and does nothing. The pocket has a vent on each side, but is so thick, the air can't get through. I disconnected the fan and have experienced zero difference in temperature from GPU&CPU. The ventilation at the top works well because it's enough room for two fans. They do work to cool the CPU. The hand tightening screws work well and are nice when you don't want to use tools to take your case apart. And this thing is 60$, I bought for 50$ on sale. it's a clean look, easy to work with case, and fairly cheap.

Motherboard: Asus Tuf X570-Plus | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x Eight-Core Processor | GPU: Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 10gb  | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 | Case: ATX Mid Tower Case | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB & 1TB M.2 | Display: Samsung C27HG70 27" 2560x1440 144Hz 1ms | Operating System: Windows 10

I've had a 200R for some years now and didn't think to remove the front fan to see if it makes any difference. I will try to do it and observe the results.

I have one issue though. A few months ago I moved my PC and I now get a weird, but faint sound coming out of the case. It's annoying and I don't really know where it's coming from. Usually a bang in the side panel fixes it. I think it's either the front fan, the side panel, or the drive cage.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

• 2 months later...

What's your fan configuration for this?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |