Are these any good?

Paralectic

I don't see anything particularly wrong with them, but for approximately $10 more you can get Razer Kraken Pro's which have great (for its price) sound quality and have an included mic. [Le Link]

//ccap

I don't see anything particularly wrong with them, but for approximately $10 more you can get Razer Kraken Pro's which have great (for its price) sound quality and have an included mic. [Le Link]

I don't want a Razer product, and I don't want a microphone.

Did you just recommend Razer for audio?

Anyway Audio technica are usually an excellent brand so I doubt you would be dissatisfied for the price.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I don't want a Razer product, and I don't want a microphone.

good choice i always look at Sennheiser products they are really good and for that price range i found these

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Anyway Audio technica are usually an excellent brand so I doubt you would be dissatisfied for the price.

I hope so, it's one of the very few Audio Technica products available at where I live and they are not expensive at all so I was wondering if they were any good.

good choice i always look at Sennheiser products they are really good and for that price range i found these

These are alot bigger if I'm correct?

These are alot bigger if I'm correct?

i believe that they both have the same driver size which is 40mm but i would save up some more and get the HD429 because they look a bit more comfortable and they are open back which is always a plus in my book but if you want the best for the price right now but they are our of your price range is the HD518's

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Yes, I used the Razer Kraken Pro's for a while before I got my Astro a40's. I loved them especially for their price. AT is probably better but I haven't ever used their products. It is difficult to recommend an audio product I have never used.  ;)

//ccap

-snip-

Come on, the Kraken Pro's aren't that bad. 

//ccap

Lets just all forget this ever happened.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Lets just all forget this ever happened.

Fair enough.

//ccap

while I am really tempted and struggling to not throw down another GIANT THUMBS DOWN on his last comment I'll move on

the sj is a decent choice. a few other low priced options that have caught my eye are the koss dj100 and phillips uptown I'd like to recommend the ath ws55 but the aluminum backing makes things a bit harsh and tinny perhaps the ws55(x) update has changed things but /meh

edit: I also had patience and snagged a pair of vmoda crossfade for crazy cheap on a black friday sale. 

while I am really tempted and struggling to not throw down another GIANT THUMBS DOWN on his last comment I'll move on

the sj is a decent choice. a few other low priced options that have caught my eye are the koss dj100 and phillips uptown I'd like to recommend the ath ws55 but the aluminum backing makes things a bit harsh and tinny perhaps the ws55(x) update has changed things but /meh

What about the ATH m20x? They are pretty new and affordable.

Wouldn't be terrible.

I mean like, what's the difference between the m20x and the 30/40/50x except the detachable cable? They all look really similar in performance except for the bigger drivers.

It does not have great sound quality even for its price. I can name a few headphones with much much better quality...

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

They suck like shit, I had one that died in 6 months.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

I mean like, what's the difference between the m20x and the 30/40/50x except the detachable cable? They all look really similar in performance except for the bigger drivers.

No one knows, the series is too new. I'll tell you h'wut though, in my experience audio-technica makes all the headphones in a series sound like pretty much the same thing, and mainly only up the build as you go up in price. It's a good bet they sound good, and are probably worth the price much more so than the infamous M50(x).