MX 350 is hitting power package limit at 6 watts!

Islam Ghunym

Ok so I have been trying to pass that strange power limit without success from a day and I am totally lost

The dGPU is meant to run at least at 15 W or 25 W depending on notebook manufacturer choices.

at 6 watts performance is terrible consuming as much as iGPU power while delivering worse performance.

I mean the MX 350 is a capable GPU.

I tried maximum power settings on Nvidia control panel.

Tried to edit power limits which stayed greyed out with MSI afterburner with unlocked settings through cfg files.

Tried on AC power / Battery power and got the same results.

Tried disabling power saving features in intel Xe graphic control panel.

Tried to overvolt the GPU with afterburner, but any +offset added voltage will get back to 0 once I hit apply button.

The only thing I could do is to increase core and memory clock untill instability, but anyway never managed not to hit pwr limit (power package limit)

I should of course mention that thermals are very low (I am hitting package power limits not thermal limits). I also should mention that the limit is being hit on games not only benchmark. I never reached higher than 6 W...

Any ideas? because I am lost here

I feel it is more like something to do with either my laptop bios or vbios, not something I can do about 馃し