Please help, Super low FPS in warzone with low gpu usage RTX 3080 + Ryzen 5 5600x

Zeeus

Hey guys, so i have honestly tried SO many different troubleshooting things its insane. I literally cannot for the life of me figure out why im not getting higher gpu usage which is directly impacting the fps im getting.  I have a 5600x at 4.65ghz all core oc and asus tuf rtx 3080. It gets like 120-140fps on low 1440p. It SHOULD be getting close to 170-200. I really dont fucking get it. I know the issue, its low gpu usage. GPU usage sits around like 60-70s % if it was able to run at 95+% it would get those 170-200fps. I dont know how to fix this.

Pc specs:

16gb 3200mhz ram

850w psu

ryzen 5 5600x 4.65ghz

asus tuf oc 3080

1tb nvme

Theres countless videos online which all show the same thing. 5600x + 3080 getting 170-200!! fps.  Their gpu usage is like 98% too. What do i do? Where am i going wrong? I fresh installed windows too when i installed my components so it cant be the windows install. I fresh installed the game as well so it cant be that. 

What ive tried: 

changing adv config file in documents and changing in game settings, no effect. 

2 hours ago, Zeeus said:

Hey guys, so i have honestly tried SO many different troubleshooting things its insane. I literally cannot for the life of me figure out why im not getting higher gpu usage which is directly impacting the fps im getting.  I have a 5600x at 4.65ghz all core oc and asus tuf rtx 3080. It gets like 120-140fps on low 1440p. It SHOULD be getting close to 170-200. I really dont fucking get it. I know the issue, its low gpu usage. GPU usage sits around like 60-70s % if it was able to run at 95+% it would get those 170-200fps. I dont know how to fix this.

Pc specs:

16gb 3200mhz ram

850w psu

ryzen 5 5600x 4.65ghz

asus tuf oc 3080

1tb nvme

Theres countless videos online which all show the same thing. 5600x + 3080 getting 170-200!! fps.  Their gpu usage is like 98% too. What do i do? Where am i going wrong? I fresh installed windows too when i installed my components so it cant be the windows install. I fresh installed the game as well so it cant be that. 

What ive tried: 

This sounds like a not awful hard problem to run down, but there’s no way to do so with the given info.  The “what I’ve tried” list doesn’t seem to have a lot in common with the claim that you’ve tried all sorts of trouble shooting.  Both of those things you’ve tried won’t do anything much if there is a below windows level issue.  You were also very unspecific about what was looked at in those things you did try.

A few Things I can think of off hand regarding those below windows level things you may want to look at:

drivers.  Are you using current drivers?  The 3089 and the 5000 series ryzen chips are both pretty new. There are going to be bug issues that will be fixed with newer drivers.  This sounds like a machine you want to keep current.  
what part of the system is being slow? 

You are claiming that either you are not able to saturate your GPU with rendered frames, OR your gpu is slow at rendering them. Your CPU if it is running right and has the resources it needs should crush the frame creation part of the equation, but there’s precious little info that says whether or not this is actually happening.  I notice while you are reporting GPU usage levels you are not reporting CPU usage levels.  
your monitor could be a limiter here. If you’ve got a monitor that is only 60hz, more than 60fps is wasted anyway. You won’t be able to see it. if you’ve got a gsynch or freesynch issue going on your computer may simply be going “why should I spin up?  It won’t actually do any good.

There’s a whole bunch of things that might be an issue, but none of them can be looked at because there’s no information.  Memory is one possible for example.  You may have a 5000 series cpu but if your memory is running at base 2166mhz, that gigantor cpu still isn’t going to be able to be fast enough to feet your gpu.  Motherboard make and model may imply other issues.  A given motherboard may have quirks that could cause this sort of thing.  You didn’t list the machine specs so there’s all kinds of stuff that can’t be ruled out.  This is why complete machine specs are in the list of  generic information needed for a troubleshooting post.  I suggest reading the pinned posts in the troubleshooting section to find out what you need to list in a troubleshooting post.  I suspect there weren’t any replies to your post because you say you’ve tried “everything” but lost almost nothing, and you don’t have machine specs listed outside of CPU and GPU.  There’s really a lot more that could be going on. The lapels list allows people to rule out a lot of stuff.  People see the absence of one and simply stop reading. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 4 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 3:52 AM, Zeeus said:

Pc specs:

16gb 3200mhz ram

850w psu

ryzen 5 5600x 4.65ghz

asus tuf oc 3080

1tb nvme

What ive tried: 

You ever fix you issue? Any luck similar scenario as you.