PSU question for mining with 3080 and 3060ti

Brandon9997

good day! i recently bought a 3080 and have been mining with it at night or when im out, now im considering purchasing another 3060ti to add to it but am not willing to buy another psu, the PSU i have rn is an 850W 80+ gold from seasonic, 

question is will i be fine with it? thank you! 

and also if anybody would know how to configure the second gpu (undervolting and memory overclock) when put in a single system? like would afterburner be able to detect both and tune each gpu separately

Well up to 200 watts for the 3060ti and up to 350 watts for the 3080 and you are at 550 watts with the gpus alone. I would wager that 850 watts is cutting it close if you plan to run them both at the same time. You also really don't want to be running a psu at max capacity either as the efficiency will be much worse. 

17 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Well up to 200 watts for the 3060ti and up to 350 watts for the 3080 and you are at 550 watts with the gpus alone. I would wager that 850 watts is cutting it close if you plan to run them both at the same time. You also really don't want to be running a psu at max capacity either as the efficiency will be much worse. 

i currently have 3080 only and when im mining i undervolt and lower power limit and my 3080 uses only 240W of power, so is it safe to assume that with a 3060ti it's safe?

10 hours ago, Brandon9997 said:

i currently have 3080 only and when im mining i undervolt and lower power limit and my 3080 uses only 240W of power, so is it safe to assume that with a 3060ti it's safe?

I don't know what the rest of your system draws but it is probably fine as long as it isn't a ton. If you undervolt and power limit the 3060ti then yeah you can probably get away with it. Just keep in mind that as you run closer to the psu max wattage rating your efficiency will become worse and you will be putting more strain on the capacitors which can shorten the psu life.