Asus K555L & GeForce 940M error code 43

Hey everyone!

It's me again facing this odd error 43 on my Asus K555L with Nvidia GeForce 940M graphics.

Scenario 1: 

Whenever I restart the laptop after a fresh install of Windows 10, everything works fine with the iGPU. But when the automatic updates kick in, it downloads the Nvidia drivers for the 940M and when it is installed, the computer restarts and shows nothing (same thing happened after manually installing the latest Nvidia Drivers). The screen is lit up but it's just a black screen. I repeated the process several times and still goes displays a back lit black screen.

I then proceeded with installing Linux distros but the same thing happened, a black screen with its backlight on.

After a few days of testing with software, I proceeded on doing something Louis Rossman would smack me in the head for. Yes! I tried heating the GPU and its memory.

Scenario 2:

So I've heated the the GPU and its memory. I tried a fresh install of Windows 10 and all went fine. Then I installed the latest Nvidia drivers. Please check the images I've attached. This didn't happen previously. The laptop is running on iGPU while the Nvidia drivers were installed. In Scenario 1 this would only be a back lit black screen. But to my surprise the OS has disabled the 940M GPU due to Error Code 43 and continues to be usable.

My Thoughts

Has anyone experienced this before? Has anyone ever tried to fix this successfully with or without the magical power of a heat gun? Please let me know how I could remedy this (aside from just using the iGPU). I've tried installing and reinstalling drivers & various operating systems. DDU has always been there during Safe Mode.

Any help provided is highly appreciated.

01.png

02.png

ECS G31T-M7 V1.0 | Q8200 | Kingston 4GB(2x2GB) | 64GB Samsung 1.8" SSD | jOptron 230watts 

Ryzen 5 2600

Asus B450-F Strix

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3000mhz

Seasonic M12ii 620watts Bronze

Adata XPG SX8200 PRO

MSI Gaming X RX 580

NZXT S340