Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

System Service Exception BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe (Urgent)

Quinquangular

I have the minidump file now.

How can I use it to show you guys the problem and to help troubleshoot?

Please help, I need help fast.

pJiBcfF.png

it's ram or hdd/ssd.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

place the dump into a zip folder and upload to dropbox google drive or such and post link here.

it's ram or hdd/ssd.

I ran MEMTest X86 and it ran through many test perfectly fine..

I use the Windows drive test and all drives passed and are OK, and same with the Samsung Magician Software, saying all drives are "OK", and same with the Asus AI Suite test.

So, I don't think it's hardware between those two?

I am running 40 virtual machines and BSODs happen sometimes during that time.

I NEVER have BSODs from normal use/gaming etc.

I ran MEMTest X86 and it ran through many test perfectly fine..

I use the Windows drive test and all drives passed and are OK, and same with the Samsung Magician Software, saying all drives are "OK", and same with the Asus AI Suite test.

So, I don't think it's hardware between those two?

I am running 40 virtual machines and BSODs happen sometimes during that time.

I NEVER have BSODs from normal use/gaming etc.

Its probably still ram even if you have ran memtest. Was with mine. Just try another set and see if it continues to bsod.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Its probably still ram even if you have ran memtest. Was with mine. Just try another set and see if it continues to bsod.

I really have to use my PC and can't afford the time to RMA the RAM.

Is there anything else I can try?

:/

Edit: And why does it only BSOD when I use VMWare with all the virtual machines on?

your running 40 virtual machines on a what CPU? and how much ram?

I just putting this out there but 40 is alot and i mean alot to run on one system.

i might look at booting 40 machines on a hyper-v cluster with at least 3 systems.

your running 40 virtual machines on a what CPU? and how much ram?

I just putting this out there but 40 is alot and i mean alot to run on one system.

i might look at booting 40 machines on a hyper-v cluster with at least 3 systems.

i7 4770k.

32GB of RAM.

548 mb of RAM per VM, it's on an SSD. So they are fast.

I really have to use my PC and can't afford the time to RMA the RAM.

Is there anything else I can try?

:/

Edit: And why does it only BSOD when I use VMWare with all the virtual machines on?

No idea. My computer only used to BSOD when I was out of game. For some reason never happened in game over the period of which I realized it was the ram (almost a week).

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

No idea. My computer only used to BSOD when I was out of game. For some reason never happened in game over the period of which I realized it was the ram (almost a week).

Yeah. I'm confused.

When I don't run any VMs, play games, multitask a decent amount (have triple monitor set up, usually have a game in the middle, watching a video game stream on another and IMing/Skyping on another monitor) and never have BSODs.

I hope it's not hardware, but just a VMWare/Virtual machine issue. I won't mind that as much.

do you actually need 40 machines turned on at the same time?

I would say there is nothing wrong with your hardware.

Windows is crashing when 2 of the 40 systems try to do the same thing at the same time.

What are the machines for?

What Os are they running?

What virtual platform are you running them in?

If this is a workstation and your not booting linux machines then i have some bad news for you. *even  booting linux i have bad news*

do you actually need 40 machines turned on at the same time?

I would say there is nothing wrong with your hardware.

Windows is crashing when 2 of the 40 systems try to do the same thing at the same time.

What are the machines for?

What Os are they running?

What virtual platform are you running them in?

If this is a workstation and your not booting linux machines then i have some bad news for you. *even  booting linux i have bad news*

They are for running bots for a game.

Windows 7, I have everything disabled in the VMs (set it to best performance in the settings if you know what I mean)

My host OS is just Windows 8.1 Pro.

windows 7 requires 2 gigs of ram minimun to boot. your virtual machines are freaking out and crashing. SSD or not 40 machines is to much.

I work with virtual servers so im not just pulling your leg, 40 is seriously to much to run.

Try getting a raid setup, dual CPU's and alot more ram to run 40 versions of windows 7, Maybe look at moving to windows embbeded. or server core if you feel like spending the money.

V-sphere is good but even it can't strech things that far.

But to answer the original question i am 99% sure your blue screen is comming from the virtual machines.

windows 7 requires 2 gigs of ram minimun to boot. your virtual machines are freaking out and crashing. SSD or not 40 machines is to much.

I work with virtual servers so im not just pulling your leg, 40 is seriously to much to run.

Try getting a raid setup, dual CPU's and alot more ram to run 40 versions of windows 7, Maybe look at moving to windows embbeded. or server core if you feel like spending the money.

V-sphere is good but even it can't strech things that far.

But to answer the original question i am 99% sure your blue screen is comming from the virtual machines.

Alright thanks.

I'll limit the amount then to like 20 or less.

you also need to leave ram for your host. set aside 4 gig for the host leaves 28gig for virtual machines.

Now im not sure why you need this split into so many machines and can't just run more then 1 bot from the system.

If you need instances for it to run in maybe try windwos server and just log on alot of users and have them all run a version of the bot.

also look at diffrencing disk's to reduce space and disk I/o

To much to type here, there are alot of guides out there on good setups for VM's and making the most of what you have.

Good luck.

you also need to leave ram for your host. set aside 4 gig for the host leaves 28gig for virtual machines.

Now im not sure why you need this split into so many machines and can't just run more then 1 bot from the system.

If you need instances for it to run in maybe try windwos server and just log on alot of users and have them all run a version of the bot.

also look at diffrencing disk's to reduce space and disk I/o

To much to type here, there are alot of guides out there on good setups for VM's and making the most of what you have.

Good luck.

Can you link me some guides to help with VMs?

I would like to see some.

And yes, they have to all be seperate. They are all playing games in each VM.

Check with your SSD manufacturer for firmware updates. I have a Mushkin that would cause BSOD periodically and was found to be my SSD. They released a firmware update that corrected the issue.

PSU Tier List Thread | Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Corsair HX850 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Check if your cores are manually unparked, because sometimes unparking your cores can cause errors like that.  Update your network driver, make sure all your sata drivers are correct and are up to date, update your hard drive firmware (please make a backup first) if that fails boot into safe-mode, if it happens in safe mode its a hardware issue if it doesnt its a software issue.  Hope this helps :)

#Determine if advice was helpful
def was_helpful(advice):
  if advice >= 8:
    return True
  else:
    return False

helpfulness = input("Was I very helpful (1-10)?")
try:
  helpfulness = int(helpfulness)
  if helpfulness < 11 and helpfulness > 0:
    if was_helpful(helpfulness):
      print("Glad I was helpful")
    else:
      print("That's a shame")
  else:
    print("Provide a number between 1-10 next time...")
  except:
    "You did not provide a number"