WiFi Antenna N vs AC

tridy

Hi.

I have a motherboard that has AC-WiFi on-board and it has small antennas that attach to the back of the case/motherboard. I would like to use the antennas from my previous motherboard that had N-WiFi that has an extension cable since moving the antenna to the top of the table might give better signal. Since the old one is for N-WiFi, I wondered if I should use it for the AC-WiFi. Are they compatible or are there any differences, like the length of the antenna depends of the frequency of the waves, etc, or are there any other possible incompatibilities?

Thanks

anthenna_N_vc_AC.jpg.29e857721de027997758722316db6d76.jpg

They'll work fine. An antenna in its essence is just a long wire meant to pick up signal. However your signal might not be as good.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

8 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

They'll work fine. An antenna in its essence is just a long wire meant to pick up signal. However your signal might not be as good.

just to make sure, are you suggesting that the signal could be better with the antennas that attach directly?

27 minutes ago, tridy said:

just to make sure, are you suggesting that the signal could be better with the antennas that attach directly?

Yes.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.