Optical to ethernet signal . How ?????

MilkSomelier

HI!! In another post thanks to this comunity i realiced that i have a router bottleneck . 

So im currenlt searching for a solution , the problem is that i dont know how to convert the optical signal that comes through the provider to ethernet ( so the router can handle it ) . 

I discovered the existence of ONT , but only finded ones with 1Gb and . 

Dont really know if a better ONT can affect ping time while gaming ( i supose it to ) but seeing that there are not many products for this case maybe there is another solution ( using the internet provider router as ONT ) or a better one . 

PD : not native speaker , i dont mind to provide the info you please . kisses 

You would need to get a media converter. accedian media converter is one of the more common ones deployed by ISPs. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 hours ago, MilkSomelier said:

optical signal that comes through the provider to etherne

Generally you need to use what your ISP provides you. Fiber internet is not like Coax or DSL where you can just go to the store and buy equipment. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Generally you need to use what your ISP provides you. Fiber internet is not like Coax or DSL where you can just go to the store and buy equipment. 

but if i use that ( is integrated in the router ) it will be a bottleneck? Because maybe i will be in the same problem if it is  

11 minutes ago, MilkSomelier said:

but if i use that ( is integrated in the router ) it will be a bottleneck? Because maybe i will be in the same problem if it is  

Probably. Combo units suck. But unlike Coax or DSL services equipment isn't readily available to consumers. You can try putting your box in to bridge mode and using a separate router, that should work. 

16 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Probably. Combo units suck. But unlike Coax or DSL services equipment isn't readily available to consumers. You can try putting your box in to bridge mode and using a separate router, that should work. 

Dude you just click my mind . I love you , thanks alot 

PD: at my understanding bridge mode for my specific case only will convert the optical signal to ethernet?

1 minute ago, MilkSomelier said:

😧 at my understanding bridge mode for my specific case only will convert the optical signal to ethernet?

Yeah, it turns off the "Router" part of the box.