New build turns on but will not power off and shows no image on monitor

Stellammattum

Hey I’m having some issues I just upgraded my pc I went with a 5800x and new mobo and Ram but kept my msi 1070 gpu. But now when Turning on the cpu everything works but I’m not able to turn off using the button and I’m not getting any output to the monitor using display port. Any help would be appreciated. ( I have reset ram and checked connections to best of my knowledge) 
parts 

case: phantek enthoo people

Mobo:aorus elite WiFi x570

cpu: 5800x

cooler: kraken x63

ram: g skill trident z neo 3600

gpu: msi 1070 gaming z 

psu :evga supernova 650 g2

ssd: Samsung 970 evo plus m.2

I have pics if needed thanks for any help.

You might need to do a BIOS update if you haven't done one for the 5800X. Your board should have bios flashback so you don't need to put a compatible CPU in to update your board first. Unfortunately your board doesn't appear to have any debug LEDs, so it would be a lot harder to pinpoint which component is the one preventing you from booting.

13 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You might need to do a BIOS update if you haven't done one for the 5800X. Your board should have bios flashback so you don't need to put a compatible CPU in to update your board first. Unfortunately your board doesn't appear to have any debug LEDs, so it would be a lot harder to pinpoint which component is the one preventing you from booting.

Yea i noticed that I debated on that and considered asus I probably should have gone with that but I’ll try and bios update tonight when I get off work. Honestly didn’t even think of that I’ve just been staring at it and trying to figure out where the heck I went wrong and reseated everything etc everything’s working minus those two things that I can see.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 2:56 PM, Stellammattum said:

Yea i noticed that I debated on that and considered asus I probably should have gone with that but I’ll try and bios update tonight when I get off work. Honestly didn’t even think of that I’ve just been staring at it and trying to figure out where the heck I went wrong and reseated everything etc everything’s working minus those two things that I can see.

It was a dead mobo. I sent it back and went with a asus crosshair viii and it’s up and running like a champ. Thanks for the assistance even if it wasn’t that. Now I just need to wait until I can buy a 3080 lol