Can I Use Noctua Fans In a Dell Optiplex 960?

TankBall

the main fan witch is a 80mm is making noise i.e. bad bearings. i would like to replace it wilth a noctua fan but idk if it can be done due to thw PC being a "dell" and a SFF one at that

If it had a fan in it before, you can replace that fan with a Noctua. You may have to steal the connector off the old fan and splice it onto the Noctua fan, but it can be done, and I have done it with other fans (not specifically an Optiplex 960, but other Dells)

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

If it had a fan in it before, you can replace that fan with a Noctua. You may have to steal the connector off the old fan and splice it onto the Noctua fan, but it can be done, and I have done it with other fans (not specifically an Optiplex 960, but other Dells)

wont the bois go REEEEEE if the fan doesnt spine at the right RPM?

i already replace the fans on the cooler once cuz it came with a bad on (bought it off of ebay) so i can do it again. i just wanted to know if i can do this without the bios going REEEE on me. 

You can use any fans on any system, as long as it has 12v / 5v.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w