possible virus threat (or troll)

TeoPap

Hello,

I have a situation that COULD 90% BE A TROLL

My computer science teacher "threatened" me about sending a pdf that i will open and something will happen (before telling me this thing he asked if i have w10)

Later i tried to learn more things and he told me something about CHECK DISK.

any ideas about what the hell is this and is it a virus on my pc ?

Just now, James Evens said:

Script kiddie. Nothing serious.

will it destroy my disk data?

24 minutes ago, TeoPap said:

will it destroy my disk data?

1. Get a backup
2. If he does, he's the dumbest man alive and you shouldn't learn from him (other than about how not to execute an attack o.O)

3. uhh.. unlikely ? I doubt he would act upon it unless he wants to be thrown in jail and not be able to touch a computer for the rest of his life..

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

56 minutes ago, TeoPap said:

Hello,

I have a situation that COULD 90% BE A TROLL

My computer science teacher "threatened" me about sending a pdf that i will open and something will happen (before telling me this thing he asked if i have w10)

Later i tried to learn more things and he told me something about CHECK DISK.

any ideas about what the hell is this and is it a virus on my pc ?

Well just a troll

Make a backup, If he's not trolling and something happens report him to your schools staff.

As for what he might be doing I have no Idea, I recommending installing glasswire or a similar program to monitor network connections.

If something odd pops up you can check the IP with a various amount of sites, I recommend Check-host.net.

If something pops up specifically after opening a PDF from your teacher check the ip on checkhost and it will tell you who owns it, IE. comcast, OVH etc. you can then find their abuse site by searching for example "comcast abuse report email" or "OVH abuse report" send an email explaining the situation, and a report will be on file for the IP.

In general I would just report this to school staff as threats like that especially from a teacher are unacceptable. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6