Help with Pump Header

icebear

I recently got an aio for my 5600x, and my Asrock b550m pro4 motherboard has 2 cpu fan headers. One labeled CPU_FAN_1 and the other CPU_FAN_2/WP. I know the Pump header should be better because it will run at full speed with a pump connected, but I've noticed that connected to CPU_FAN, the aio runs quieter AND cooler. My temps are much more stable on CPU_FAN_1 than the WP header. Is there any reason I should still use the other header instead?

3 minutes ago, icebear said:

I recently got an aio for my 5600x, and my Asrock b550m pro4 motherboard has 2 cpu fan headers. One labeled CPU_FAN_1 and the other CPU_FAN_2/WP. I know the Pump header should be better because it will run at full speed with a pump connected, but I've noticed that connected to CPU_FAN, the aio runs quieter AND cooler. My temps are much more stable on CPU_FAN_1 than the WP header. Is there any reason I should still use the other header instead?

To add to this... should I instead have my rad fans connected to the CPU FAN headers? or is it ok to have them as case fans?

Any are fine. As long as you set the settings to how you want it in bios.

Is there any difference between plugging my radiator fans into case fan headers or should I use a cpu fan header with a splitter? My other cpu fan header is connected to the pump (it's labeled cpu_fan2/wp)

Most of the mobos today allow you to control all fan headers. So its just default configuration would be set as full speed for pump header. Or pump header might have more amps. This is explained in your mobo's manual.

PS. You can edit your posts to add details you might have forgotten.

E: Also merged your threads since the questions is about same, and the other had confusing title.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv