Which position is better for the psu?

Don Loong II
Go to solution Solved by YoMz,

if you meant to say that your PSU is physically located/mounted on the upper portion of your case (which is common on older cases and a very select few new cases like the InWin 301) then you should have no problem if your PC doesn't really consume anywhere beyond 450W... beyond that, then you should really consider relocating your PC to a newer case because a PC that consumes around 500W (like mine) regularly goes up to 60c on normal use cases... that's more than 30c higher than the usual ambient of 25c so it's a big deal when your PSU is working hard... cold fresh air from the bottom of the case helps a lot in prolonging the lifetime of your PSU...

Which position is better and why?

Up or down.

My pc's psu is mounted up and i have no issues but, i wanted to see which position is the best for the psu

the PSU intaking air from its own supply is almost always better.

with the PSU fan facing towards the GPU, the PSU and GPU fans will be fighting for air because they blow in different directions.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It shouldn't really matter if the cable management is okay. Your choice.

23 minutes ago, skiibii said:

It shouldn't really matter if the cable management is okay. Your choice.

Cable management has nothing to do with this really.

Fan facing down is better, assuming that your case has sufficiently high feet to get some clearance underneath it, and assuming the case is not sitting on carpet.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Heat generated from a PSU is nothing to worry about, so either way is ok.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

if you meant to say that your PSU is physically located/mounted on the upper portion of your case (which is common on older cases and a very select few new cases like the InWin 301) then you should have no problem if your PC doesn't really consume anywhere beyond 450W... beyond that, then you should really consider relocating your PC to a newer case because a PC that consumes around 500W (like mine) regularly goes up to 60c on normal use cases... that's more than 30c higher than the usual ambient of 25c so it's a big deal when your PSU is working hard... cold fresh air from the bottom of the case helps a lot in prolonging the lifetime of your PSU...